Blender Cycles AMD Opencl It's possible working now.

I was successfully able to render on my 6950 using this guide :slight_smile:

Moustd did you get it to work with the normal parts active or did you still have to shut things off? A Lot of what you can get to work is still linked to how much ram you have.
I have been watching mem usage during building of the Kernel, with cycles as it sits it takes around 8gb to fully build the kernel.
you can get this down to about 5gb just by turning off extra nodes.
my system specs are fx-8150,HD-7970ghz toxic 6gb, 32gb DDR3, SSD hard drives. donā€™t know if this helps anyone or not or if I am just messing with things and amazingly they still work, but in Kernel_compat_opencl.h if you coment out this line off code it still works for me.

#ifdef KERNEL_OPENCL_AMD
#define CL_NO_FLOAT3
#endif

Finally 13.10 is out !

And there is goods news again:

1/ compiling cycles is fast as cuda ,very fast no matter itā€™s the first time or not!
2/ the overall system (W7 64bits) display donā€™t slow down during rendering with cycles like in previous 13.8 (2) driver
3/ Gpu (HD 7950 ) is faster than CPU (i7 2600k) but only in realtime preview

bads news :

1/ blender crash when editing material in realtime
2/ Too Slower for a GPU like HD 7950.

finally we can really believe that they are working on !!! Yeaaaaaahhhhh

I installed 13.10 , started compiling opencl kernel, 2 and half hours gone , itā€™s still compiling .
My specs ,core 2 duo 2.8 GHz , 4GB DDR2 ram , HD 6670 DDR5, win7 64 .Please help

Well, your processor and RAM are pretty outdated. The standard now is DDR3 for memories and most people upgraded to Intelā€™s iX family of processors.

I donā€™t know if this might be the issue in your case, but definitely this would make the compiling of anything big take more time.

Thank you for the reply , btw it shows
<!> event has invalid windows
compiling openCL kernel ā€¦
Is this normal ?

Iā€™m using a core 2 quad (itā€™s like 2 core 2 duo together) it works like a 2+2 processor so itā€™s pretty outdated tooā€¦

anyway with 8gb ddr2 and a 7950 it compiles in seconds and works ā€œfineā€, i though amd focus is in the 7900+ graphics cards cause 7870ā€™s have problems with 13.8 beta 2 that the 7900 doesnā€™t have.

I donā€™t know how the 13.10 are working in the 7800 or lower gpus but iā€™m pretty sure that older graphics than 7900 may have issues.

Iā€™m using radeon 7750 with 13.10 and there is no issues.

Iā€™m using radeon 7750 with 13.10 and there is no issues.

OK fine ! can you set a benchmark with mike pan BMW and send feedback with your time and cycles parameter setting ?
following is my personal bench.

Quick question, does the CPU usage stay at approx ~0% for blender when doing Cycles GPU rendering with nVidia?

Only Iā€™m getting 25% CPU usage (1 core fully loaded) when I render the BMW scene with my 7970, so Iā€™m guessing that the driver may be CPU limited somehow? Running SLG on my 7970 has 0% CPU usage approx.

After 4 hours I closed Blender .
please tell me whatā€™s wrong .

Quick question, does the CPU usage stay at approx ~0% for blender when doing Cycles GPU rendering with nVidia?

with my older computer (i5 2400+560 GTX+8GB ddr3) rendering with cycles run my CPU at 100%.

But now with My new computer (i7 2600k+HD 7950+16GB ddr3) rendering with cycles run the CPU from 0%--------6%

After 4 hours I closed Blender .
please tell me whatā€™s wrong .

tell us your specsā€¦

I hope AMD work in support cards prior to that model.
After all, people who have these previous models are the ones who started a while ago the requests for Cycles support.

I have an 8-threads processor. In my case with CUDA or nVidia OpenCL, only one thread uses 100%. A second thread is between 4% and 60%. The other remain threads are about 0% to 4% of usage.

Here it is. All render settings are same as yours, but my mike pan BMW is a little bit different.
Results:
HD 7750 1 GB - 25:07
AMD FX6100 (six core) + 8GB ddr3 - 13:52.

My specs core 2 duo 2.8 GHz , 4GB DDR2 ram , HD 6670 DDR5, win7 64 ,AMD CCC 13.10

I can not generate any texture like putting an image to an object only comes in black. Iā€™m using the 2.63 would have to try something else?. The Bmw out relatively well and without problems, but I would like to change and play around with soil textures and stuff. I have a HD7870-DC2-2GD5 not understand why amd would focus on the 7900 series 7870 knowing that I can win in some cases to 7950 without oc so do not know.
If you can use textures would ask them if they can climb something or the kernel you are using or tamien some video. I am also using the 13.10 beta catalyst.((Amd fx 8120, 1600 16gb ram, cooler water telmaltake performer 2.0, font cooler master gx 750, cabinet cooler master gladiator 600, 2 wd sata disk windows / sata 3 linux ubuntu / asus motherboard M5A88-m / gpu amd hd 7870 2gb asus monitor viewsonic 22))

EspaƱol
No puedo generar ninguna textura como poner una imagen a un objeto solo sale en negro. Estoy usando la 2.63 tendrĆ­a que probar con otra cosa?. El Bmw sale relativamente bien y sin problemas pero me gustaria cambiarle y jugar un poco con las texturas del suelo y eso. Tengo una HD7870-DC2-2GD5 tampoco entiendo porque amd se centraria en la serie 7900 sabiendo que la 7870 puedo ganarle en algunos casos a la 7950 y sin oc asi no lo se.
Si pueden usar texturas les pediria si pueden subir algo o el kernel que estan usando o tamien algun video. Tambien estoy usando la 13.10 beta catalyst.((Amd fx 8120, 1600 16gb ram, cooler water telmaltake performer 2.0, font cooler master gx 750, cabinet cooler master gladiator 600, 2 wd sata disk windows / sata 3 linux ubuntu / asus motherboard M5A88-m / gpu amd hd 7870 2gb asus monitor viewsonic 22))

Here is BMW with textures rendered on GPU.

I use Blender 2.68a. Radeon HD7750, 1024 samples, 50 minutes.

On AMD Radeon 5650 1gb does not compile , gives 2 errors and that is it. I guess they made it only for latest hardware to work others not having same functions.

Tested with 13.10 latest Blender build.

NcuxonaT good thanks for showing generous but serious as kernel_types.txt to spend the blender and eh not able not understand how it is that they do it.Also I 2.68A blender so with Image. And there I will give you as saying that use gpu for more of him (supported level)Also have a picture which only uses cpu and that if I can texturing.
thank you very much

EspaƱol
NcuxonaT buenas gracias por mostrarme pero serias tan generoso de pasarme el kernel_types.txt para la blender ya que no eh podido no entiendo como es que lo hacen?. Ademas me sucede esto con blender 2.68a Imagen. Y tampoco se como darele a decir que use gpu por mas que le de ( nivel soportado)
Tambien dejo una imagen que solo usa cpu y eso si lo puedo texturizar.
Muchas gracias

My specs core 2 duo 2.8 GHz , 4GB DDR2 ram , HD 6670 DDR5, win7 64 ,AMD CCC 13.10

It seem that HD 6XXX series are not well supported ! maybe this will be the cas in next Beta drivers.