Blender 2.70 released !

I had the same problem and even thought it was a bug.

It just makes no sense. In what world is this default behavior more useful?

Is anyone else having trouble loading their old setting? My theme and layout are there, but my keymap wasn’t brought across. When I manually export it from the old version of Blender and import it here, it doesn’t work. Here’s the error I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):

“File “C:\Users\michael\Dropbox\blender-2.70-windows64\2.70\scripts\modules\bpy\utils.py”, line 507, in keyconfig_set
{“file”: filepath})
File “C:\Users\michael\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\presets\keyconfig\pea_keymap_blender.py”, line 396, in <module>
kmi.properties.use_beauty = True
AttributeError: ‘MESH_OT_quads_convert_to_tris’ object has no attribute ‘use_beauty’”

Which leads me to believe it’s failing based on that one change to the Convert to Tris tool?

Tried the OSX build.
Serious lagging in sculpting / dyntopo mode. (irrelevant to the density of sculpting, it happens at 20k or 5k or 1M)
My build and all the recent buildbot 2.7 working just fine.
A compilation issue maybe? (open MP is supported on the official 2.7)

So yeah, getting rid of the Beauty parameter under the Quads to Tris tool in my keymap and then re-exporting the settings seems to have fixed it. I’ll look into registering to the bugtracker and submitting this bug later, but if anyone wants to do so right now that’d be fine.

I put the keymap here for testing purposes:

This is the version that throws up an error in 2.70, not the fixed one.
It’s exported from my current Blender, which is 2.69.0, r60995.

Wonderful! Thanks a lot!

Ive noticed something which is annoying me…Dark faces in the viewport?

Its a different color aswell? Anyone know why this is?

Added your info here:

Installed it, and uninstalled just afterwards: viewport performance with Cycles rendered view is much poorer than 2.69 here. I will try to track down what creates it.

@peter18
It’s the two-sided lighting disabled and means that your faces are flipped and normals are pointing inwards, so you need to flip them to correct it. It should provide better viewport performance though.

Perhaps related to this?

Mmhh possibly: There are some linked objects as well in my scene. But there are several other disturbing things: I will try to make a little video to show that.

My only issue is a current scene I was working on in 2.69 now crashes on render in 2.70. CPU and GPU both at some point during the pre build phase. Hope I can figure it out otherwise here comes the fun part of manually porting everything from the old scene to a new file until I can find out what is causing the crash.

Here is a little video showing 2 problems I’ve found so far:

I encourage you to try your own experiments with the particles systems

And another one with a bigger scene combining the 2 files:

EDIT: Oh God I hate my voice and my french accent shows up big time…

I can confirm that cycles always draws 100% of particles in the viewport even if you’ve set it lower. Only seems to affect object instances though, hair is fine.

Oh, and if you use the BI viewport render on hair and change the hair display type to ‘none’ you get halos instead… pretty wacky.

Oh ! I just tested what you said with 2.69 and it does the same…

Are you sure your normals are facing correct
um. matcaps could be on
or in your materials under ‘setting’ there’s a viewport colour

Seems like it’s been that way for a while, I only noticed it now while testing. Anyways I’m preparing a bug report for the cycles particle display issue, as that’s more production affecting.

Just copy the interface presets from the Release Candidate located in this directory:
/2.70/scripts/addons_contrib/presets/interface_theme

ameen is Blenders DPI higher than 72 ?

forget it I just noticed one of your previous replys.

No sculpt/dyntopo lag here, but 3% slower Cycles hair rendering (CPU) - also on Mac.