Blender 2.6 Game Engine book

This is awesome and very useful. Even if we say about price then its affordable and worth use of our money.

Like many others I happen will say, finally! I really want this book, and once I can the money I will. It is a very good price and I’m happy that it is not only concidered as a game engine, but as an interactive tool too.

@socker: What you’ve done so fasr looks very nice! when do you plan to complete it?

Off topic: The funny thing about blender is that whenever I want to try something out or I have an idea for a 3D scene, in the next day or two there is a tutorial about it, or a book, or my 3D scene idea on the BlenderNation header. Weird…

@socker, your game looks wonderful! Keep up the good work!

Hey, as of right now, you can save on shipping and get the book in electronic form. The book is also available for Apple Books or Amazon Kindle.

@mpan3

Hello! What about adding the book to Google Play store? I’m having some problems with buying books in Amazon or others, because i live in Russia :frowning:

The Blender Foundation e-shop have copies of the book already (physical copies, no ebooks).
I don’t think it’s announced in their website already, but you can send an email to the eshop asking for more details.
(part of the revenue goes to Blender Foundation which is also nice)

Cool, A new book on the engine of engines!!

And no, the Game Engine was never intended to just be an animation tool. For the better part of BGE, ‘record physics to Ipo’ didn’t exist. It just lacked the financial development punch to become a serious choice for bigger productions. If it was just a tool, feats like ‘Yo Frankie’ woudln’t exist.

Btw, the game engine is my most successful blender course topic. So I am grateful that it exists.

Cheers
Haunt

The book is now available in the Blender Foundation e-shop:
http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product_info_n.php?products_id=170

They shop all over the world, and “by purchasing this book in the blender.org e-shop you support the Blender Foundation open source projects”.

Cheers

This book rocks well worth the coin :yes:

There is more love for Blender game development: Somebody is working on baking in Cycles!

I wonder if anybody is working on a tool to easily publish games to a license of the creator’s choice? Maybe the topic is covered in the book.