Blackcubes - Sketchbook 2013

Small update on this guy. Just testing some hairs. :slight_smile:

Awesome! :o Love that hair, how did you get that stunning result o_o

Ravenblood- Thank you. I just studied the settings of the hair on how to tweak it and some reference. One of the video where i started is from the hair course of blendercookie but you need to be a paying member to watch it but it is worth it. :slight_smile:

One of the best hair I have seen on this forum. Usually that stuff looks plastic and kind of detached from the face/head but you, sir, have done a really great job here!

Great work, BlackCubes! The hair and skin wrinkles are impressive.

Now with the beard it remembered me the priest that tried to kill the archeologist with the poisoned drink in Fifth Element.

Great sculpt man, congrats! =]

awesome work!

Curly hair looks amazing, good job!

Niiiice, the sideburns work really well on that character.

OK, things I like here are the use of gloss. Nice variance between the glossy, highly specular eyes and the more diffuse gloss on the ear pieces and armor. BTW, damn good design on the armor, the segments on the shoulders look workable, as does the chest plate, I assume it’s articulated lower down. Good job on the design, putting padding under the rigid panels. The texture looks perfect. The only thing I am not happy with is the appearance of staples on the edges of the padding, they don’t look right.

If you can model moisture effect on the lips that might give it a better organic look.

One idea might be to lighten the skin a bit around the brow ridge area to suggest it might be thinner there due to being tighter and thinner over the underlying bone, assuming the bone like the teeth is white.

Might want to add a scar or two to make him look like a vet warrior. Some small markings on the armor suggesting maybe rank, unit or other military insignia might help.

Many congrats on the feature, well deserved! :smiley:

I finally found a time to update the bust.I have added some things on him.I’m still working on his sss shader. I will post an update if it is ready. The details on the shoulder armor/pad is from a displacemnt map that i did in Photoshop. I will bake it to a normal map later because this one is so heavy in memory. :slight_smile: . The arrow feathers are made from hair strands.

BloodWork, Sick, Bao2, Ricardo3d, jackhit,edofaravelli[,owldude, vickym72 - thank you for the kind words sirs/ma’ams. :slight_smile: . I will also check your artworks.

lexx - Thanks for liking it and for the comments and suggestions. I have fixed the staple like things on the pads. It is supposed to be some kind of alien like stitches. I scaled it down and made it more subtle. There are no textures on the body from my last update. They are only combination of two shaders that i quickly connected so i can have a render to post here. The only part that has textures is the head. The newer one has updated maps. I fixed the color map, specular map and normal maps. I will sculpt his hand first then ill post an update. Thanks again.:slight_smile:

Something that i sculpted today. :slight_smile:

Screenshots of the model.(Matcap shaded)

dude, that ones awesome!

aus dem Kopf im erstem Bild werde ich mir ein Poster drucken lassen. Das hatte ich schon lange einmal vor. Mal sehen welchen Anbieter ich für das Bild nehmen werde.

yes, tihs looks great

Have you named his race? As a science fiction author that is probably what I’d have done first. :smiley: