[BGMC19] Voting and all games pack

Lone photon, huh? Can anyone say…

Har har. BGMC has come a long way.

^Ditto!

I really like this contest! I think I’ll join the next one ^^

Glad to hear that!:slight_smile:

Ah… My game is falling more and more. Soon it will be 5th until it gets to the last place:D

It doesn’t seem that much things can change. At least we have the winner, but 3rd place is still fight if there are any more BA profiles who haven’t voted yet.:smiley:

So this ended… It was on page 2… needed a bump

Soooo… when is next BGMC then? is @gandalf3 hosting?

Congratulation to the winner, i pm you the steam key of krum.

Can we have an official announcement sdfgeoff or twister ge?

Congratulations to gandalf. Awesome BGE Debut. Also congratulations to all the others for all the great entrys. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Congradulations all! It seams that 3 games which I voted for are the top 3 in the final:D
gandalf, I sent you my assets pack containing 4 model kits;)

Congrats everyone :smiley:
I enjoyed playing all the entries, I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

So what happens now? I’m not too familiar with how BGMCs work…

Soooo… when is next BGMC then? is @gandalf3 hosting?

Is this a BGMC tradition? What does hosting entail, precisely?

Is this a BGMC tradition?

Yes, nowadays it is normaly up to the winner to host the next Competition. In former times it was everytime all up to Josip who once initiated this competition but to share the effort i think this rule was invented. Correct me if i am wrong, i was not there from the beginning and did not follow it all the time.

At this point i want to thank sdfgeoff and TwisterGE for hosting this one. And all the others who put effort into the BGMC. All participating people for sure, also BlenderRenderSky for creating lets play videos (It is always fun and revarding to see people playing your games).

What does hosting entail, precisely?

First of all this includes opening a thread and discussing with the community the conditions of the next BGMC. For example when it should take place (This depends of course also on the fact when you have time to do that). Or how long it should last (Again two weeks or should we switch back two one week or should we instead last it longer).

Then a theme has to be found. You could determine one, but in the last few competitions the community first was gathering some possible themes and then a there was a voting to determine the final theme.

When the competition conditions are found and the next BGMC is getting near there have to be an announcment that the competition will be starting soon.

After the BGMC a pack of all games has to be created and the voting thread has to be started.

There are other possibilities to do contribute to the BGMC. (For example some others has created videos, graphics or released a note Blendernation to promote it).

But there i think is no real strict form to organize it. Feel free to change or add things, you are now in charge ( while keeping in touch with the community is not the worst thing i think ).

Did i forgot something? Some input from others is appreciated.

Wow moshus, that is a great answer!
Congratulations gandalf, if you have any questions feel free to contact me in any way also join the Blender Game Developers Skype group if you need some help or ideas from other devs.

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

You started BGMC? :eek:
Nice, man! I really like this awesome thing that you’ve began:D

Well I just had an idea, its all the developers that made the BGMC awesome.

Also for the next BGMC, can we have an ‘organizing’ thread (to sort time, theme etc.), then have an ‘announcement’ thread that gives at least 1 weeks notice, then if necessary a ‘BGMC 20 has started’ thread along with a ‘BGMC 20 has finished + voting’ thread.

BGMC 19 didn’t really give any notice to when BGMC started, it just seemed to start immediately which didn’t work too well.

And I forgot about this. Sorry.

And the winner is … gandalf3 with Lone Photon.
The people donating prizes should now get in contact with him (or with me and I’ll pass things along).

A big thumbs up to blenderrendersky with Light Knight, another very strong entry.

Well done to all of you who got entries in over the christmas period.

The question really is if you have enough post’s where the moderators don’t have to take days to look at them yet. it will make communication a lot easier.

and if there’s another BMGC that I can’t participate in, i might explode!

I feel this on so many levels, I’ve wanted to compete for literally years but the timing is always off. Then again I’m a cook and I seem to only work when everyone else is asleep

@Gandalf3, spring break would be a great time to host bmgc 20. no? hint hint