[BGMC 17] Firemann v0.2

For some reason I can’t DL this. Tried DLing on both my Mac, and Windows. I get a 404 error on gamejolt, and copy.com returns a blank page WTF. Guess I’ll have to wait for Smoking mirrors DL. Looks cool, can’t wait.

Oh ok that’s weird. Good to have the complete bundle to let you play :smiley:

Yeah Could be NOScript, or AdblockPlus blocking it, or my crappy internet. Don’t have any problem with dropbox, google drive, or slow as snails racing, Mediafire.
But I’ll wait. Need to step away from the computers awhile cause I’m getting frustrated. :slight_smile:

Wow, what a great game! I didn’t have any trouble with the controls, though as others have said, if you’re going to have grid based movement it’s a good idea to have the level laid out more along the grid lines, sometimes I got stuck in doors or even walked halfway through a wall!

It’s probably the best gameplay I’ve found so far during the competition. I didn’t have much time to spend on it, but I did love how the game kept surprising me. For example I fought my way through to the kitchen and found it empty, but then I noticed the sink is full of water!

I also think I found the Easter egg… :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the art-style a lot, the sound, a great amount of things to do and it’s fun that it requires tactics. For example that you got to save some water to cool yourself down on your way out. I agree that it’s really hard, spent a lot of time on it… didn’t pass the first level. Saved three or four people. Agrees with Smoking that it would be to the games advantage if it was laid out along the grids, it’s not fun to die because of unfair controls (not the WASD, worked great for me, but the standing-with-half-the-door-in-front-of-me). Feel through the floor some times.

How do you pick up water from the bathroom by the way? Outside I just went into the pool, couldn’t do that in the sink.

Great game, but too hard. Don’t get me wrong, I like challenges, but it took too long (read: I never made it). The Game Theory explains it in an amusing way.

Oh, by the way… a secret. Just between you and me. Fireman is on my top three.

The game is pretty good, the low poly style thing made it a bit more interesting, Good job!

Very cool game, I’m surprised how much you got so much stuff implemented in only 5 days. The controls are a little hard to get used to (especially when being used to holding down w), but I think I just need to get used to it.

UPDATE TIME
As a little celebration for winning the BGMC we updated the game, changing some of the problems from the previous version according to your feedback.
Changelog:
-Controls were changed to directional movement
-Fire can be not walked through(no burning to death)
-Fire escape Plan as Map for the level showing important spots
-Victims die instead of despawning
-Only 1 interaction key (E)
-Bug fixes

Hope you enjoy these updates please give this game another try :smiley:
FIREMAN UPDATEBlend File (Blender 2.75 only)

Nice update! I really liked the directional controls!:wink:

The game is very fun and challenging. Although, the person should be able to run and it would be cool for full motion character instead of skipping. Nonetheless, great game!!!

Great job ! @CG_Sky

Exellent game . i like it