BGMC 14 Winner(s)!

Not to me, but then again I like fallout, and chrontrigger, etc.

In my opinion the best game I have played so far is fallout New Vegas, with the HD mods.

Also I am more into things that have many possibilities so, I hate floppy bird, and guitar hero etc.

Ah man, been meaning to get that for the longest time…
only I play Xbox, so no HD for me.

It comes down on sale at least once a month for 4.99$. (happens very frequently, for some reason)
Won’t pass it up next time! >: D

The visual aspect of a game is just as important as the code side of it. The reason being, these days people’s time is limited and therefore they cannot play every single game every made. That is why they decide which game to play based on the previews or images of the game.

You also have to remember that the majority of people that play video games are not game developers, if you have done an absolutely blinding job with the coding but an average job with the visuals, then (non-game developers) will think that you have not put a lot of effort in, because they can’t see the code and how much time you have put into it. There is a balance that you have to get right.

With that said, I think everyone who did enter did an amazing job, I think initially I expected up to 10 people to enter, only 6 of which actually finished.

As you said, what you have learned is most important! before this I had never attempted a racing game, so I got heaps of value out of it :D.

Looks as though Smoking_Mirror gets to host the next competition,
but you’re both entitled to them Steam Gift Cards. You’ll get em by the end of this week!

Also, big thanks to everyone who participated, and to those who took the time to vote.
Was an honor getting the chance to host the competition, BGMC time is my favorite time of the year, and so I can’t wait until the next one!

Everyone did an amazing job on their entries,
and with that being said, hope you all learnt something from it! :]

-Pickle

@randompickle97
Thanks for hosting the competition, and thanks to everyone who took part! It was great fun. :slight_smile:

I learned a lot that’ll be very useful on my other projects.

A special congratulations to Thatimster for the second place slot.

And remember:
Winners don’t do drugs! :stuck_out_tongue:

Some requests for next bgmc:

• Not a low-poly/non-glsl/low-resource theme. Come up with a theme that inspires, that allows people to make original game. Thongs like ‘flight’ ‘snow’ and ‘bugs’ were previous bgmc’s that worked quite well. When someone says ‘make a low-poly game’ I go: ‘of what?’ Most games made in a week already are low poly, so it’s kind-of repeating the obvious.
  • soon?!!

I think that having the low-poly limits allows for people to focus more on things other than the graphical fidelity of the game. Though I do prefer actual themes to specifications. I think looking at Ludum Dare, you can see some good examples of themes.

Also tee-hee you said, “thongs” :stuck_out_tongue:

Next BGMC theme? :smiley:

Awesome stuff can’t wait for the next one! You did a great job hosting :smiley:

Also tee-hee you said, “thongs”

Oops.

I hope not, or we may find some non-forum-friendly games…