BGMC 10 Insectors

I liked this game. When I first started playing the controls were easy enough, and the graphics were pretty.

Then I started to hear the cries of pain from the main character… the “ows”. The first thing that struck me about them was that it was just an annoying sound, but the more I listened to them the more I couldn’t help but think of your avatar.

That’s right, the picture of you here on blenderartists, the one of you looking down on everybody, with a very faint almost malevolent smirk on your face.

As the ant’s cries grew louder your picture loomed ever larger in my mind. I couldn’t help but feel that I was being clamped down on, almost like what the prey of a viper would feel once they knew that the fangs were firmly embedded.

I tried to get up and run away from the computer, but to my horror I was paralyzed! Not paralyzed from fear, but something more sinister. Something was holding me there. I couldn’t even move my eyes to look away from the screen, all I could do was stare at endless columns of thorns as I was pulled further, and further into a desert of pain. The enemies that were shooting me before were now laughing maniacally at me, knowing that I could not do anything to stop the nightmare that I was now in.

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, there was a shift in temperature in the room. Everything got extremely cold, and I felt a presence behind me. Then I could hear them, yes them. Soon they were all around me whispering words that I couldn’t understand just outside of my visual periphery. I tried to scream, but only a tiny screeching noise came out. They came closer, and closer. I knew that if they got to me they would completely take me over, but there was nothing I could do.

Miraculously right when I was about to give in, there was a knock at the door. Right at that moment I could feel that the entities control had totally lifted and I was free! I quickly jumped up and ran to the door to see who it was that had saved me.

I opened the door and saw two police officers standing there, one of them holding my dog on a leash. They told me that my dog, Harvey could have died when a brick wall that he was digging up almost fell on him. They were trying to find his master and the neighbors pointed them to me. I was very grateful to them for getting me my dog back in one piece, and I bid them goodbye. But before they left, they told me there was something weird on my head, and that I should check it out. I looked into the mirror later, and could see that the words RATS WARM LEL were scratched in my forehead.

Anyways the game was great!

Some positives are:

• Gameplay was very immersive.
  • All the animations and effects were very convincing.
  • Most of the sound were okay given the time you had to finish for the competition.
  • Main boss was a good surprise.
  • A multitude of enemies to kill makes it more interesting to play, and you really feel there is a whole world behind it all.

Some Negatives:

• Demonic possession
  • Some of the sounds are a little annoying
  • Aiming seems a little off, and because of this I missed hitting the enemies a bunch of times.
  • It would have been nice to get a save point when I got to the boss so I didn’t have to go all the way back to the beginning.

I give your game 4 thumbs up (that’s great!):yes:

@Geometricity
wth lol.
Thanks glad u found it emarsive and ye there is a lot to be improved , the first being the aiming , it is realy annoying that it dosent always work and i thin the collisions are somewhat to blame.
Sorry about the voices and demonic presence i exposed your dwelling to :P.
Should i change my profile pic?

You might try making the enemies origin point closer to the center of their geometry, or maybe make their collision bounds convex so they can register hits better, but I’m not that sure.

Your profile pic is fine, lol, sometimes I can’t help but right crazy things on the forums, sorry about that. If you really are asking me about your picture, you probably shouldn’t, because If I were all powerful I would replace your eyes with pomegranates, and your smile with a slice of watermelon. That just my preference, but I guess you could make that happen with blender or photoshop:eyebrowlift2:

Btw good luck with the competition.

Thanks i think that worked good, things die a little easyer now :smiley:

Blend file and suporting files
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ue…it?usp=sharing
This should be all the files. hope it works
made in 2.66a