BGMC 10 | I am Legend

Tried playing it, but for some reason I can’t fire the gun. I pressed every button and still no shooting. My first impressions with the game is that it has a good environment, and as you have said the music doesn’t quite fit.

Anything I’m missing about shooting the gun? If not then I guess it just does not work on my computer.:frowning:

I think this game feel quite good, the fact that you has few bullets in great and make it more exciting when you’re almost out of ammo. What I’m missing is some reconizable rooms, even thought it’s in a faw is suppose to be a maze game a few keypoints would have been nice. And as you mention yourself animate everything.

About the music… it would have been nice if it came from a TV or radio in the game, so it wasn’t on the whole time. At times scary sound, and then the music would maybe have been more chilling.

Press the Right CTRL key to fire. F to turn off the flashlight.

Hi Josip,

I’m planning on using BGMC 10 “Samantha” as a test project for my new multiplayer. Would you be interested in helping? The main thing I will be needing is just some additional asset data, in other words, animations.

Here’s my plan if you’re still reading on!

• Move player interaction scripts to my “PlayerController” class
  • Create the weapon system
  • Add weapon flash effects.
  • Add support for AI (NPC)
  • Create a GUI for showing information like health, ammunition and flashlight power.

Then, once this is implemented, I’d like to create a more interactive experience by re-spawning zombies, introducing “lives” and also a scoreboard. Maybe even a minimap using the flashlight.

Of course, I’m aware that you’re a scripter as well, so I’d be happy to help you become accustomed to my system.

Regards, Angus.

Hey Angus, I’m always interested in doing new stuff. Currently I’m working on another game and always working on the bgmc in the background, but I can do some of the stuff you need.

Move player interaction scripts to my “PlayerController” class
Create the weapon system
Add weapon flash effects.
Add support for AI (NPC)
Create a GUI for showing information like health, ammunition and flashlight power.

1. This will probably take a lot of time if I do it and very little if you, because you understand the system better. But we will talk about it in more detail.
  2. I’ll need more detail but a basic one can be setup relatively quickly.
  3. This is a simple task, I’ll do it.
  4. Again, you will have to explain the system a little bit to get this going.
  5. I already have the GUI on paper, I just have to make it in Blender.

We will continue this conversation in more detail on Skype.

@Agoose77 - Ha, thanks. I guess I didn’t press every key, oops.

@Josip - This was a pretty good game you made here. I have some pros and cons for you, please don’t take any of them personally.

Pros:

• Level design was great, I felt lost when I was walking around, and that added to the tension of the game.
  • The animations were smooth and believable.
  • The ammo and flashlight limitations you imposed on the player worked perfectly to keep the game challenging. Without those limitations I wouldn’t have played the game as many times as I did.
  • I enjoyed shooting the zombies, even though sometimes with the music It felt like I was there to kill hippies who had only committed the crime of painting themselves blue.
  • Textures and models were of good quality, except for the zombies.

Cons:

• There seems to be no ending. After finding Samantha I went to the green exit door and nothing happens.
  • Too many lights in the scene created significant lag for me. Probably very few people had a problem with this, but nonetheless it was still a problem for me.
  • Music was bad, but at least there was something to listen to, and something to fill the void there otherwise would have been (that’s actually kind of a plus).
  • No reward for finding Samantha. I would have had a much better experience if when I found Samantha she had barked, or there was some other kind of positive sound or visual feedback that reinforced the fact that I had accomplished something.
  • Zombies are blue? Last time I checked the zombie from I am Legend were not related to smurfs.

At the end of the day I liked playing the game, and played it several times after I had already “beaten” it. I give you 3.5 thumbs up (that’s very good!):smiley:

1 Like