BGMC 10 | Avatar the last airbender.

I will attempt a few of these.
For now I will avoid using a grab option, even with damping the objects can spin,move and collide with other objects sending every thing into a frenzy.
A new blend will be posted in the next two days.

Ok check this out

Attachments

Repel.blend (503 KB)

Why does it look like the ground moves?

thats the collision flag, it can be set to invisible. (a cube static ghost add object for 2 frames)

it’s on layer 2

you could use a sphere, instead, and have it spawned by a ray, as an attack, if it hits a player.

right now the cube in the middle of the screen spawns it

Attachments

RepelSeeFlag.blend (513 KB)

Another note, for the cursor, I have a script that applies force using the mouse, so the “cursor” could be a rigid body, heavily dampened rigid body linked to a object that is a rigid body, ghost, that is moved with own.world position = player.worldPosition

this way, the mouse could have a velocity, and you could add it to objects based on the movements as well as be limited to a area around the player

Could this be used to more realistically throw objects?

yeah, so you could use “wrectified grab and move” to gravitate it to the cursor, then once centered, switch to adding the cursors velocity to the objects, instead of gravitating it to the cursor

The game looks like a sandbox or playground as you tell in your description.

The overall look is very good. The presentation is very consistent with detailed models, textured and animations. I do not know the movie so I can’t recognize any elements from it.

I miss a bit of feedback when something can be grabbed (e.g. animation of the hand or color change). So it is a bit of try out -what the focal point of the cursor is.

Very small critics: the rocks look like they are not really heavy especially the big once. I think playing with the mass settings can fix that.

It would be nice to have some goals or challenges to turn it from sandbox to a game.

Okay, had time to play the game last night and wanted to list some things I noted for you.

Pros:

• The characters in the scene look really good, great textures.
  • All the models and textures look like they go together, which makes the experience much more positive.
  • I genuinely enjoyed the gameplay. Throwing boulders at large structures is great, but throwing large boulders with your mind at people and seeing them fall off a cliff has always been a dream of mine.
  • The controls are very simple, I appreciated that.

Cons:

• I would have liked a better camera view, constantly staring at the ground is not what I would do if I had those type of powers. I would look right into my enemies eyes, and say something like, “you just got bitch slapped by the big blue hand of death!”
  • The animations for the main character were robotic and did not blend together at all, this took me out of the experience.
  • Not having sound is the biggest complaint I have. Without sound I do not get any kind of feedback from the actions I perform on screen, this leaves the world feeling empty and hollow.
  • When a boulder weighing a ton smashes into someone at 40 mph I expect to see some bone and blood. Don’t dangle wild caught salmon in front of me, and then feed me canned tuna.
  • Last but not least, there is nothing in the background, it’s just empty and grey. It would have been nice to have anything in the background, pictures of Santa Clause, tapeworms doing their thing, anything but grey!

Overall the idea was solid, props were beautiful, gameplay was good, but without sound, proper animations, and a good camera view, I was not convinced that I was a wizard on a high mountain top murdering people with my mind.

I give this game 2.5 thumbs up(which is kind of good).:yes:

First, thanks to Monster and Geometricity for the feedback.

This will be the last update on the project from me.

I spent hours programming in an attempt to change the terrain under existing objects, in the end I had to fallback to updating the mesh because it is the most stable method.

When changing the terrain stand back from the spot you’re influencing.

Here is the blend.
Shooting the rocks is no longer possible.
The grass land uses vertex based shaping and the dirt uses armature based shaping.
The grass land to the right used both methods, but added a large amount of unnecessary and confusing code and was removed.
ToyBoxLand.blend (2.66 MB)

I would have liked to finished this game, yet I have little free time to spend on it.

We could use some of the physics based force applications on the player, or enemies, by spawning a “push away” collision flag (like the repel .blend in this thread) scaled correctly this could remove people from the effect area of the mesh update, while adding “pop” to the attack,

you could have the force application be much more +Z

:smiley:

POP

aaaaahhhhhhh squish

like when they made the pillars rise out of the ground in the show :smiley: