BGE Realistic Forest/Landscape Demo [Blendfile]

Links are dead again. Reupload will take some time. Please be patient.

@blenderrendersk, how big is the file? If under 100mb you could upload to blendswap.com and you woulnd’t have to worry about bandwidth issues.

The packed version is 208mb :frowning:

this looks really beautiful. keep up the great work

The link is now working again, and I added in wind effects. Enjoy!

The Demo is now Creative Commons, so you can use it if you want. You just have the give credit to all the names written on the note, that is hanging at the hut.
Have fun.

Maybe this can become a BGE demo like the Forest Demo in Cryengine :smiley:

Great work,

I would love to check out the file but the download site has cread extreme aggrevation for me…you need to find another site to host the file…trying to wade through the muck of downloading a downloader to download the file…the massive number of bloatware and browser addons and “helpers” the site has put on my PC…and i still cant find the file…Im unable to download do to the download site…and thanks for the unremovable browser addons

… adblock plugin in your web-browser …
Makes all things clean, even that page. I had forgotten that ads even existed up until a few days ago when I got a tablet and they were everywhere!

I’ll start uploading it somewhere else in a minute (mega.co.nz) (if you don’t mind blenderrendersk? If you do, just say and I’ll stop and remove it)

link to blend

I switched to copy for uploading and i wil upload the blend there again. But you can reupload it too.

The foliage looks great, and it all looks well put together, except for the thing that flashes on the edge of the river.

And here’s my link. Let me know if it doesn’t work

I made an Anaglyph 3D version of the game you can check out here:

15 fps ?? if it`s dropping that bad you need LOD, that being said i think it looks amazing.

also how many of the objects are joined?

that helps if not using lod,

The objects are linked but i don’t know if its better if i join them.

AMAZING! Never thought so BGE can do this! You are just a pro… Wait a minute- is that Mārtiņš Upītis water shader?:smiley:

Yes it is, it´s the best you can have for creating water in the bge.

Could you release lite version of this. With my NVIDIA GeForce GT610 with X org Noveau driver I get only 3-6 FPS in this game…:smiley:

Indeed, Mārtiņš is good python scripter:)