BG Christmas Contest WIP

Brilliant! :yes:

Wow this is looking great! Very creative!

Wow, great style! The storytelling is very amusing and the modeling seems to be great so far, too. I like this!

Now you made it my favourit! What about an advert on the side of the truck: “We do the extra mile for you” :yes: That would explain how the truck makes it’s to the north pole.

Andreas

@AnthonyC - Thank you for appreciating my twisted humor :slight_smile:

@KevinJahr and Topper93 - This story unfolded as I worked. Each time I made something new to add to the scene little ideas would pop up. I still have a bunch of minor details to dial in on the existing models before texturing. Time is ticking and I may not get to them but I really wanted a few elves peeking over the roofline and laughing at the situation. Thank you for the encouraging words!

@Xerubian - Thanks! I will consider this input. Stoked to make a “favourites” list :slight_smile:

Again a sincere thank you for the feedback. I’ll keep ya posted with the weekend updates.

Repo Man’s wires so far.

There goes a lot of time into this project. I wish I could spend this much into mine :frowning:

This is it. Off to begin the texture painting. Once I get the textures done if time permits I’ll try and add some minor tweaks.

Nicly done URF! I`m really curious about how it´ll look texture painted.

Well done Sir. I almost don’t want to see it painted up, almost. :wink:

None of the textures are done but wanted to share the general feel of how the texture work is coming along. Mostly just blocking in colors and getting everything laid out for the final stages. I have much more painting to do plus color work. There wont be snow inside the roof, the stones need much work, the house is too bright, the sleigh needs an interior modeled, rudolph looks terrible, etc.

Looking good U. :yes: I really like the base color for the truck. You thinking black windows?

@Anthony C - planning on modeling the interior but saving it towards the end to make sure I have time, otherwise prob a frosty white highlight cheat :slight_smile:

More color blocking - tweaking - mouse clicking…

Same as above but with the freestyle lines comped in.

Not only did you make me feel awful about my own entry, which I now hate. Now I have to drop everything and learn freestyle. Thanks alot Urf.

Impressive work. It definitely inspired me.:eyebrowlift:

Hey Urf, This a great scene you did. Really everything is nice.
Did you put a lamp on Rudolph’s nose? There is a light on the man’s clothes.

@blenderallday - Glad to inspire you. I still have a lot of work to do and not happy with it as it stands. I feel as an artist we are never happy with the end results and always feel there is more that can be done, but at some point you have to call it quits and move on. I take what I learned on my last project and apply it to my next one (where I won’t be satisfied again). It’s a vicious cycle that I love to be involved with. :slight_smile:

Happy Blending my friend, and thank you for the comments.

@CCTrevis - There is a light there and Ill be adding the glow effect in the post-pro phase. Lighting is a train wreck so disregard it for now please. Ill play around with it once I get more of the materials/uv maps done.

Well done. I liked this, and when you add a glow effect it will gain a nice trick.:yes:

Final version…I think :slight_smile:

Hehe, Funny picture. :slight_smile:
I wish you luck!