Betty Von Notty

Fixing contrast, mouth shape and size, eye direction looking, hair highlights, flower color, and a little of “flou” effect (blurred layer in overlay mode above at 14%):

http://i.minus.com/ib0Fs1QSmX8Bk1.jpg

I agree about contrast fix, but I thought that it was an old photograph (artistic impression) rather than live portrait. :slight_smile:

And a pin-up-ization.
Gorgeous model, so many posibilities.

http://i.minus.com/ibcTxnWmnzuvi0.jpg

second that

i like bao’s first edit on the image,it adressed some of the “dryness” issues I had with the image,and the overall washed out look.

they both have their place,though.

I like the disproportional look you gave her. The long neck, and the slightly distanced space between her eyes for example. Yet not overdone. Excellent stylization!

@JonathanW thank you! :slight_smile:

@Ricardo_3D thanks man! :slight_smile:

@tyrant_monkey I will update the image with a more shine hair. :wink: Thank for the feedback.

@Gabich thank you!

@Frank_the_Smith thanks!

@Maika thank you! I will update that about the shine hair soon. :slight_smile:

@IP1 thanks! :B

@Bao2 LOL

@norvman thanks for the feedback!

@Indy_logic thanks! :slight_smile:

@cekuhnen thank you! I like to modeling/sculpt ears, for me it’s a very important part. :smiley:

@const thank you! :slight_smile:

@pitiwazou thanks!

@aermartin thanks for the feedback! I used a translucent shader on the flower, but this flower in particular they are not so translucent like the flower in Andrew’s tutorial. Maybe because they have a more darken color and are more thick. Thanks again.

@BobM thank you!

@renderdemon thanks for the comment! I didn’t tried to make an exact copy of the drawing, just tried to do something similar with a little bit of touch of my own interpretation. Maly help me with feedbacks in this aspect, it’s was very helpful.

@Ecceptor yes, I sculpted first and then I retopologize.

@IoT thanks!

@TweakingKnobs no! :smiley:

@GustavN thanks! :smiley:

While the first page of this thread looks like everyone’s trying to be the nicest bunch around and not say anything mean, true artists need to learn to deal with the harsh criticism as well. So, here it comes! :slight_smile:

First thing that I noticed is that her left eye is… wrong? It seems as though the eyes are set further back in the head than they should be, or that you tried to cheat the pose by moving the left eye. You may want to visit that again.

Secondly, is she part giraffe? Was she raised by an African tribe? That neck is too long. You could trim 2-3" off the neck and still look good. I understand stylistic choices, etc. But when I see an image that is this close and no one else comments on these 2 things. It seems as if everyone else is doing you a dis-service just saying how great the image is.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great image, but it can be an outright awesome image!!! Good work, keep it up, but watch those eyes and the neck.

Vong, the long neck is in the reference image. I at least like it that way.
I see it as a pin-up image and for me is great.
Try to photoshop with the changes you propose and you will see how it will look worst.

Waw, awesome work ! Are you planning to rig her ? That would be great.

I thought the same thing about the left eye being moved for the shot, until I saw the mesh images. The eyes are separated a bit and the perspective view in Blender may enhance that more. But as each element of the model is so well crafted, I have to assume Lucas did this intentionally. If not, I would have to agree that he will need to work on proportions. My bet is it’s intentional, and although close, I think anymore would have been overdone.

I believe if this is stylized, Lucas found an excellent balance.

fantastic!

nice, I love it… now this is art! would like to see more work from you :yes:

Beautiful Artwork!!!

@Vong, this one of the reasons why people post works on forums, receive criticism. Both of her eyes are in the same depth, I didn’t cheat in this case. Her very long neck it’s was a design choice that I decided to keep, since on Maly’s drawing the neck is also very long, which is one of the important features of the drawing. I didn’t have the intention to do something realistic here with “right” proportions, by the contrary, it’s a very stylized model with distorted proportions, which I followed a drawing as reference. I’m not here to defend that the model is “perfect”, which obviously it’s not, don’t get me wrong. Thank you for the feedback!

@Bao2, I agree with you, I tried lower the neck on the 3D model.

@Hadriscus, thank you! I’m not planning rig her, sorry.

@Animus, thanks for the comment! Yes the eyes are a little bit separate and placed a little bit more further than should be in a realistic cranium. I did this intentionally because this creates more shadow and more volume to the face, which I like.

@jakchit, thank you!

@hanzo, thanks! Yes, I hope so, I have a lot of ideas to produce.

@junosorio, thanks!

The updated version is a real improvement, good job on that. If you need more references, I mentioned earlier but it kind of got buried, you should look at Betty Page and especially Dita Von Teese.

saw the thumbnail and said “this looks good”…clicked to see full photo and Whooaa that is Wow. I really like it even the background…Glad I checked it out. Gonna check out your other works…

Eyes are windows to the soul … give her a new pair of them … and she will be superb :wink:

EDIT: Color hue is up to you :wink:

I really like her hair style, it looks very realistic. I would change a little bit her nose but still it’s a great job :slight_smile: congrats

Amazing! Keep sharing! :slight_smile: