Artstation add-on piracy

There is a lot of threads on this forum, and elsewhere covering this. It can’t be separated because that is what the license says.

The GPL is a pretty important part of Blender, I like it the way it is, even though it does enable scumbaggery against those of us without trademark protections (like Blender has - making it less easy anyway)

But yeah, this is OT, the case is closed :wink:

1 Like

Yeah absolutely. I´m also very happy like it is with Blender. Just a bit curious why these things can´t be separated more. But i understand that it´s just what the general license says. Anywas but good that it´s solved!

Why code must be GPL when Geonodes are not?
It’s code too if we think about it and it’s made inside Blender when add-ons are made outside most of the time.

IMO it’s just an ideology.

wdym by that? geonodes is integrated to blender code afaik

Just like I said, Ton said if you create geonodes, it is not GPL same as if you create something with Blender it’s not GPL, but if you create codes inside Blender or outside, it’s GPL.

Geonodes are codes, meshes are not, so why Geonodes are not GPL when Code is?

I guess the argument would be that when you import from bpy you are writing code as an extension of a GPL library whereas when creating a .blend file you are working with an ‘interface’ rather than touching code.

And when using and writing code in your .blend, it’s still not GPL.

No need to go further, it’s like that, and we ca’t do anything about it.