Animating multiple objects with modifiers

I don’t know how I missed this little gem! Very useful script, actually (IMHO) it could be advertised as major feature of Blender. Thank you!

@liero: I am looking at the emparentar BLEND file and I noticed that you have animated the Strength of the Displace 2 modifier applied to the padre object. I wanted to examine the f-curve for the Strength parameter, but I can not seem to make the f-curve appear in the graph editor. How would I view that f-curve so I could make changes?

that’s because it is hidden I think, use the ghosty icon or unhide the object… have fun
@ristesekuloski thanks for kind comment

so useful and awesome! thank you for sharing!

Hi, just updated this little script to run as a button from the tool shelf, install it as an addon or load in a text editor window… the link from first post is now up to date.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3989/ptmesh.png

edit: added single vertex parenting option

I wanted to ask you for one more feature - let the script create triangles orientated in Local Z axis of each selected object.
In my case it let me to eject bolts from insert direction.

But than I noticed there is not modifier that can move faces in normal directions :slight_smile: Right? I will test it more.

But maybe it can be helpful feature anyway.
Thanks for more info.

Also can be move this theme to “Release Scripts . . .” ?
Always when I’m looking for your script it takes me time to find it. Thanks.

thanks for feedback vklidu!
getting orientation from objects seems like a good idea, added it to the script…
get from the link down here and see if it is useful, maybe with the displace modifier?

edit: yep, displace works in Normal direction mode + UV coordinates -need to unwrap first-

thank you very much, I am looking forward to test it . . .

liero, played with this a little last night. What a great script!

@crazycourier glad you like it
@vklidu nice animations and great models -waiting for the kit to play with- :wink:

edit: just downloaded you Assemble in Flight animation from vimeo -to catch the moment- cool!

:slight_smile: thanks
About a kit - I have some curve problems, so it takes some time, but nice to hear it.

Really helpful script.

Hello, Liero!

Your wonderful script gives an error :frowning:
I tried it on r37000 and also on the newest builds

It happens when I select more than one object.
It’s bad I don’t understand Python…

thanks for reporting! got some real work to do now but will try to it fix later…
it’s an old one -check this thread- maybe try again on a different file :expressionless:
and pm the broken blend later if you can

Don’t worry, the real work is more important. That was a momentary need and I found a way to process meshes in older revision of Blender. Anyway, I’ll send you .blend. BTW, I used the script that was in your http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16486113/Blender/algunos_scripts.zip package (the last link here). MB it’s not the last, I don’t know :slight_smile:

should be fixed now, thanks!

I got an error with r44548 build too . . . :frowning:

Edit: I downloaded script from a link on first page, that got an error.
Now I downloaded script from link “few scripts” placed in your signature in post #32 - IT WORKS :slight_smile:
Thanks for keeping it updated.

ok thanks vklidu… see there are 2 versions there, ‘experimental’ one should be faster and kind of interactive but I remember it failing with orient option sometimes

liero,

I don’t know if you are enjoying the barrage of questions asking for more and more detail, but I have a few more to add.

What does Uniconvertor do, in your process? I mean, Blender imports SVG, so I am unsure what the third party software is doing.

The same question goes for the 2.49 step - I thought SVG would always import flat, so I don’t understand this part, either.

Thank you for developing and sharing this (elaborate) process.

-rking

you are welcome to ask anything :stuck_out_tongue: but this is an old thread, I guess workflow should be easier now… anyway, see this is just for 2D voronoi patterns, you can try two amazing scripts by pildanovaks and scorpion81 now!

had to do a new test :wink: this worked for me:

• inkscape: generate voronoi from an object
  • convert pattern to objects
  • blender: import svg
  • join all curves
  • convert to mesh and remove faces if any
  • remove double vertices
  • mark all edges as sharp
  • fill with Alt+F
  • add and apply edge split modifier
  • maybe solidify modifier here
  • edit mode > separate > loose parts
  • origins to geometry

sounds like a lot of steps but it tooks less than a minute… the parent to mesh script takes a bit more time on its own

I’m not sure, probably experimental is ok, it appears in addon list with the same name but 0.5.5 version works perfect for builds r44548. This is a test combining awesome dynamic paint. That you can see result in real time in 3D view.
More details about used scripts I will place in tutorial section later.

I just need find a way how to fade out a bit displacement of dynamic paint.

About 2D voronoi you can do it with official blender release, the only one uncomfortable thing is you need pilda’s script that generates objects from image. I love this script, but not sure if pilda is planning to release version for 2.6 version.
See http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?246880