Animated Typing Text addon

This is pretty handy thanks.

This is the type of addon that is incredibly useful from time to time! Thank you, using it on my next animation!

I just wanted to say a huge thank-you to @jayfelsman for this incredible script! I have always wanted to do this in Blender, and now it’s super easy! :slight_smile:

So, I have used this and it works very nicely, but when I opened my blend file again it stopped working. It seems to be the same problem from the person a few replies before this and I may try copying the code into the text editor and see if that fixes anything. It only seemed to start happening when I closed and then opened my blend file.

Darknonan123: Yes, I have the same issue. However, if you go into Blender’s User Preferences and disable then immediately re-enable the add-on, it will begin working again. Just remember to do this before you render (and don’t close the blend file).

:yes:

Wow Thanks for all the comments. Glad to see it is still of use. \

I just copied the .py file from my 2.69 addon directory to 2.75 and 2.74. I worked with no problem or setup.

Hi jayfelsman!

Thank you for this addon, it works well for me. If you’re still okay to work on it, I would be interrested.

I need to display a temperature value in the scene and change the value a few times.
It is possible to do this by switching two text objects with the IPO curves, but I’d like to know if you think you can figure out something. Maybe enable successive typing animations for the same text object ?

Thank you !
Nice week end all

Link for download not work :frowning:

Hi lukazoid.
I updated the link. It’s in the first post. Please try again.

Cheers,
Jay.

I missed this one. Simple and effective, thanks.

Hum, it seems not to work anymore but I don’t understand why as I used it for the 1st time with Blender 2.78c. Does it work for you ?

Hi, the add-on works the 1st time but stops working until I uninstall it and re-install it. If I close Blender and launch again my file for example, it doesn’t work. Could you fix it please ?

Hi Manolo76,
Sorry for missing the post.
Sounds like a bit of an odd problem.
What version of blender are you using so I can see if I can replicate the issue?

Thanks.

hi, i collected this addon some time back & made a rough all typing addons addon:
https://github.com/meta-androcto/downloads/blob/master/AF_animate_text.zip
maybe you will find useful some other methods too.
seems to be working ok

@jayfelsman : I use Blender 2.78c x64 and Windows 10 x64.

@ Meta-Androcto : thanks, I took a look and the Typewriter Effect works ok if there are not too many frames between the beginning and the end of the sentence. if there are, the sentence can appear entirely (but briefly) before the end.

Could anyone tell me if the add-on works more than one time with blender 2.78c x64 and Windows 10 x64 please ?

seems to be ok, the typing animation is a little easier than the typewriter effect, as you don’t need to manually set keyframes

Thanks. Yes, I also think it’s easier to use plus the fact that the typewriter effect is a little buggy as I wrote in post #57. That’s why I’m disappointed that it works only one time after installation on my PC.

I found that just unchecked and checked again the add-on in User Preferences is enought to make it works and I had an error when I unchecked it (see the attachment)