Alternative to Marvelous Designer?

While I agree with you, the subscription models makes it hard with the price tag considering the financial background of most of our students and the inability for them to think about these things are investment into their education. Sad but true.

No matter how much you talk - it wont change much of their thinking.

And honestly I feel companies if they want me to teach their software should make it affordable for us to do so. At the end we would generate their future customers. Autodesk realized that and gives everything for free to students and labs.

Adobe well they dont have any competition.

1 Like

I would love to have a Delaunay generator in Blender like the (amazing) one in 3DS. It’s literally the only reason I keep 3DS installed these days.

Semi-related, but a way to “wrap” a quad-based cloth to the Delaunay simmed cloth would be cool too, in order to have one for predictable materials, and one for simulation quality. Haven’t quite figured out a good way to do this in Blender yet…

hmmmm I gave the sew option a good run in Blender but the system is way to fragile with seams not really closing right.

Actually it needs a good pattern and right sizes fitting the figure, and good settings for the cloth, but it’s feasible to me.

paolo

That I am sure but it seem to require a lot lot of work and tweaking - in that regards MD is seriously a click and done app - grrrrrr

I think the student would throw Blender back at me with this learning curve.

Try a addon for blender called “Modeling Cloth”, that is MD with the dimension of 100kb! unbelievable.

1 Like

Wow cool I will look into it

Thank you for replying here - even 3 years later !!!

1 Like

Sorry to necro the thread but i think many will search for alternative to Marvelous designer and we have a brilliant Blender developer making amazing progress with his garments addon ;

5 Likes

this is a pretty wild add-on !!!

2 Likes

The developer also have a very cool hair cards addon for game character, he is definitively very talented.