{Alpha Demo} The Garden - A barebones RPG

I have noticed this as well, but with a clean topolgy it becomes tolerable. You could also look into turning the script off when it gets too close.

updated video

That’s the same script I have - found it on blendswap a while back. It does seem to outline individual faces if the camera is too close, which bothers me, but I don’t know what part of the script controls that. My float intensity is at 300 though; what does that adjust?

Need help rigging you protagonist for animations?

That’s the same script I have - found it on blendswap a while back. It does seem to outline individual faces if the camera is too close, which bothers me, but I don’t know what part of the script controls that. My float intensity is at 300 though; what does that adjust?

The script does not contain a method to control which faces get outlined. It would have to be added through code or a logic brick solution. I would imagine you could set it to affect objects with a certain property and toggle the property on and off depending on camera distance. It is just an unproven idea though, so it might not work. The float intensity controls the appearance of the outline; lower settings make the outline seem transparent and less defined, higher settings give a darker and more defined outline.

Need help rigging you protagonist for animations?

Thanks for the offer, Geometricity has already created a rig and provided several animations for it. It needs some tweaking, which I have been working on for the last week. I will be releasing a modified blend soon for everyone to test and inspect, you are welcome to look it over and make any suggestions or additional animations.

Re-opened at OP request.

Thanks Fweeb!

An alpha demo is now available for this project. This is simply a working demonstration of the core systems. I would appreciate any testers who can provide performance information and machine specs.

Steady 60 fps, no crashes, no slowdowns!
I’ve noticed you don’t use lights and armature animations yet. Lights and/or armature anims will slow down your scene alot.
I was not able to close the text in the beginning with “Enter” until I first moved the mouse, then the “enter” start working, not sure why.
The text is too long for reading once…you should break it in some kind of tutorial or story mode.

PC config: Win7, i3 - 2100U, NVIDIA GTX 550Ti, 4GB RAM.

PS. The exe is 687MB, I was walking/flying around the world and I saw only trees and the terrain. Not sure for what assets you use 700MB.

Thanks haidme, I was quite worried that intro would be a bit long, but it is more or less just a placeholder. I forgot to update the controls in the first post to include 1st/3rd person mode. Right click to switch between the two. Those are the only animations at the moment, but even those shouldn’t affect the scene too much. I am still working out a usable lighting solution, the demo is basically a single sun with no shadows.

I couldn’t replicate the issue with the intro, it should work without having to move the mouse. I run Linux, and the blend and exe both work as intended, so maybe it is a Windows thing? Can anyone one else reading confirm if you have the issue as well?

The size is due to the polygon count, this demo is >1200 objects and >6 million polygons. I have a few methods worked out that will reduce the size, but I wasn’t able to get them integrated in time.

Thank you kindly for testing and providing feedback, I would gladly return the favor but I don’t have Windows.