{Alpha Demo} The Garden - A barebones RPG

:no: can’t find good reference for winter leaf, so I tried to sketch it in blender :

What do you think? is it fit your description?

branched :

3rd attemp :

Winter Tree 3 : 326 vertices 176 faces 352 tris 1(600x600px) texture 1 reference image

Sorry if it is looked more 3d rather than 2d :p. Or, do you like the leaves being exactly like the reference image(spored out from every branches faces)?

Thanks, this looks great. The only change I made is to the colors of the leaves, other than that this is perfect.

looking nice,

I can’t wait to see it running at 60 fps with LOD etc.

Thanks for the support, I can’t wait to see it running that fast either :wink:

Really? thanks :slight_smile:

will try model something from encyclopedia.

Take your pick from the remaining Encyclopedia of Flora. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks again.

Here is a quick test I did to show the scale of the landscape, the trees, and the “lone human”. He moves at 10x normal speed in this test, just so I can explore quickly.

Yay, it is in. Dang those border lines lol. :smiley:

I noticed rasterizing nearly hit 50%, is it pushed too much after adding those winter tree? tell me if I need to change the way to model proper assets in this project.

Made something while I taking rest from work :

Ice fruit and flower. Browsing refference of snow flakes, both are same in english lol.
(I know the flower must be transparent in description lol, late to notice, and the shape is just my custom)

currently learning how to composite from andrew price youtube chanel.

Here is a suggestion for a insect a flying bettle that lives in quicksand and lays it’s eggs in quicksand.It eats tree fungus.Does someone want to model that?

Sounds good, I also wanted to mention that the “apple” looks perfect. I also like the “drooping” flower look, throw in some snow flake shaped petals and that would be done. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the support. This sounds like a good addition to the neutral Fauna, I will make use of it when the time comes. I really want to get the Flora completed before we start finalizing the Fauna, but feel free to make a quick concept. Thanks again.

Acid spitting toads is another idea i have.

I like this idea, but I think it is ahead of its time. I will make use of it in a future project. Thanks again.

@3d_solar_system_buil :
:smiley: just normal beetle tho, no fantasional design:

sandBeetle : 130 vertices 74 faces 148 tris 1(600x600) textures 9 bones 2 animation
blend file i’ve sent to andrew

@CaptainAndrew:

Low poly fruit :
42 vertices 34 faces 68 tris 1(300x300) textures
do you need it to be separate blend file?

Just added a few flakes at the flower conect. Do you need the low poly version like the fruit or just as picture?

How about a creature that looks sort of like a jelly fish but floats in the air.You could put something like fur on the bettle to make it look different.

Thanks, these look great. The flower will be a mesh as well and it doesn’t have to be in a separate file. The flower petals need a more snowflake like structure and it will be perfect.

I like the idea of a “Cloud Jellyfish”, we can develop that one further when the time comes.

@CaptainAndrew:
I didn’t really catched what do you mean by “snowflake like structure” :confused:
these what I can think about:

winterFlower : 131 vertices 62 faces 123 tris 1(600x600) textures
winterFruit : 34 vertices 27 faces 54 tris 1(300x169) textures

@3d_solar_system_buil
watchout jelly tail :smiley:
it is about 14BU long, and she is hidden above fake cloud.

airJellyfish : 80 vertices 67 faces 134 tris 1(600x1024) textures 5 bones 1 animation

Alright this is a good start.Vine that has roses on in it that become sweet and sour nuts.They taste sweet and sour.They are polinated by jumping spiders.