akeytsu by nukeygara- new 3d animation software

official Forum for posting issues & feature wishes etc for Akeytsu can be posted here;

Hi everybody,

My name is Aurélien Charrier. I am CEO at nukeygara and creator of akeytsu.
Thanks for your interest in our baby :wink:
Feel free to ask all the questions you want (here, in private messages or on our forum - address above on Myclay’s post)
Thanks

Cheers,
Aurelien

Thanks for posting here. I wouldn’t mind hearing about how akeytsu fits into a pipeline. I’ve been a little perplexed about how one would get the rig / mesh / animation data in and out of akeytsu.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your message.
Well, it is quite simple, we use FBX in/out.
It allows akeytsu to communicate with a huge number of studios and pipelines.
But of course, it is only a beginning and we will add more import/export formats in the future.

The ideal workflow is : you import your mesh in FBX in akeytsu, you rig it in akeytsu, you animate it in akeytsu and then you export it wherever you want in FBX (game engine, standard 3D software, etc.).
There is a real benefit to rig your character in akeytsu as the philosophy is really different and you will take advantage of the entire software (IK/FK on one single skeleton, no curve controllers,etc.)

You can already import rigged characters however it must be basic characters. I mean not too much complicated, without 2 or 3 skeletons and tons of constraints. Because it is not today the goal of akeytsu to handle external complicated rigged characters.
It will surely be the case one day but at the moment it is the first version of akeytsu and we target Games/Indie Games market. Needs are different.
But i repeat, it is the very first flight of our dragonfly. Lots of features are planned. The baby will grow :wink:

Anyways i encourage you to play with the free beta.
It is a very different experience. Very :wink:

Cheers,
Aurelien

Hi guys,

Very good news from Timur today (Thx Timur !)
Blender can now read baked and non baked FBX coming from akeytsu :slight_smile:

To finish, nukeygara will be exhibitor at SIGGRAPH next week on French Pavilion (booth #737).
If you want to know more about akeytsu, you know where to come :wink:

Cheers,
Aurelien

Hi everybody,

I hope you are well. Did you guys have tried the beta ?
The return is busy at nukeygara. And SIGGRAPH was excellent for us! I had people queuing up non stop at the booth for akeytsu demos and feedbacks were very good ! That is very motivating !
It was a pleasure to met Ton (at last) and other Blender guys ! Beautiful meetings :slight_smile:

(more photos on our Facebook page, by the way, please come and like us ;-))

An other very important information is that akeytsu is on STEAM Greenlight since today.
So if you want to support a tiny french startup, it is now :wink:
Please vote for us guys !

Thanks for your help !

Cheers,
Aurelien

Oh and for info, we are working at the moment on onion ghosts into stackers :wink:
It is planned for the next update.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Aurelien

wow, the onion skin is looking sexy! :slight_smile:
Good job

Hi Blurymind,

Thanks. Yes, you are right they are quite sexy :wink:

Hey, everybody ! Please vote for us on Steam Greenlight. We need you support !
(and many thanks for those who already voted. Sincerely)

Thanks

Cheers,
Aurelien.

Hi guys,

Here is a fresh “live video” from SIGGRAPH. It can give you a quite good idea of the software and its philosophy/approach in about 9 minutes :wink:

Thanks
Cheers,
Aurelien

Hi everybody,

beta 1.0 “onion ghosts” is now available on our website. You will find a quick video here.
Enjoy :wink:

Cheers,
Aurelien

Sorry for asking, but how this compare with Mixamo? Took 1 min to make a full rig with animations, and for my surprise the cloths and everything was better that I’ve expected.

Hi Doro,

Well akeytsu is a real (keyframing) 3D animation software. Mixamo is more a big animations/models library.
You can rig and animate everything with akeytsu : props, flowers, animated BG,… not only bipeds and quadrupeds.
It is … different :wink:

Thanks
Cheers,
Aurelien