Adventure game in installments.

how about a pilot chair, some pipes and some labtech. your game is awesome (please make some tutorials how you are doing the materials) and i love this 2.5D style! good luck =)

yeah, there’s gonna be loads of pipes and wires.
I hope to do a bit f a texturing tutorial soon.

i get a “alien” the movie vibe here

Ideas for props = pieces of things that fell off the walls,

Tools, Electronics, containers, doors, switches, shelves, toilets, car parts, space ship parts, Computers, office furniture,
robot pieces, whole robots, and a partridge in a pear tree.

nice props can we see a larger image of the ones above, i love all this intro kit stuff guy…

Thanks for the interest guys.I’ve been making some more props, and working on concepts for gameplay.
One of the things I’ve been doing is playing some other point and click adventure games to get inspired about puzzles.

Today I was playing the final Blackwell game, and it was a mixed experience.
On the one hand I love the blackwell games, the stories are great and the story arc is nice, with different generations of the character and what not. It’s exactly that kind of character building I’d love to get in to a game. But on the other hand, while the puzzles were intriguing, there were often times when an obvious solution just didn’t work and I found myself just going through combining notes randomly, or trying every combination of something and that just isn’t that fun.

Sure I felt good if I suddenly solved a difficult puzzle by inspiration, but when i finally got it with just blind luck it wasn’t so great.
I don’t want the game to be too easy, but neither do I want players to get stuck with no clear way of advancing their progress except random trial and error.

In terms of enemies, I want something that’s going to be scary, but not just a guy in a suit… I’ve got some ideas about that, but they’ll have to stay secret for now, or it’ll ruin the story. :slight_smile:

Definitely you have great talent and maturity as game dev. Congratulations! I can hardly wait for the demo from fantatisco project!
Buy the latest videos, your current project reminded me this one I played this day in a Commodore emulator:

Today I worked on the NPC profiles and story arcs. I don’t want to reveal anything more because these guys are the heart of the story.
A couple of days ago I played Primordia, a point and click game by one of my favorite studios. I was really impressed by the characters, I thought each had something to add to the story, so I really don’t want to make a game where you speak to GUY#1 and GUY#2. They should have a personality, they should have some reason for being there other than:

“Hey, wanna buy some stuff?”

I really want to add some real voices like in primordia and the blackwell games, but I think it’d take too long to record all the dialogs. I may just add a short bit of speech when you first meet the character, or when they speak in game, outside of the dialog system.

While naming the characters I went through and googled their names. I didn’t want to name anyone after a war criminal or sex offender or anything. I noticed that both Franklin and Lamar are separate character names in GTA5 (haven’t played it) but I’m not sure anyone else would put it together unless they’re looking for it.

Worked on adding some of the props / items today.
This chapter of the game is not going to have a lot of items but almost all of them can be useful.

Keep @ it,

your a bright spot on this forum :smiley:

Did a little more prop making work today, I decided to give modeling a car a try.

It was an interesting experiment and I learned a lot, but I think the result is not that great. :slight_smile:

If they wouldn’t be in orthographic, they’d look better…

Thanks, usually after a day or so I notice something wrong with my models and manage to fix it. This time it was the lower half of the car needs to be a little wider:

Still not happy with all the parts but at least it looks like it could drive now. :slight_smile:

I’d say these look great, especially for a first attempt at making a car (which can be very tricky to model)!

that electric car has GAS port… nice try :3

Actually because of mirroring it’s got two… :slight_smile:
Anyway, even an electric car needs to recharge and with the batteries under the rear seats that would be a good place for the charging port.

(Though I have seen some with the charging port over the front wheel arch or other strange places).

Another little vehicle prop today (can you guess my inspiration? :slight_smile: ), I’m still not sure I like this method of texturing, building a high poly model first and then baking to a low poly… It takes a long time to make anything and the result is not always worth the extra effort.

This one is part of a key location, one of the NPCs has found this bike and is trying to fix it up.

Female transformer ARCEE ?
^^

Actually because of mirroring it’s got two… :slight_smile:
Anyway, even an electric car needs to recharge and with the batteries under the rear seats that would be a good place for the charging port.

touche :wink: Fossil fuel cars have blinded me

Nope ^^

ㅋㅋㅋI’d love to make a bike racing game someday. Road rash used to be one of my favorite games on the old sega megadrive. I’m really sad they never udated it for the modern era (there was a PS1 version, but nothing after that AFAIK)

I also did some more texture work on the bike today, as I wasn’t happy with the previous version, it seems I forgot to turn on subsurf when I was baking the textures first time around. No wonder it looked so flat.