[Addon] Scramble Addon (Small functions collection)

@Meta-Androcto

Hi,
You did a great attempt!!
IMO, you should pull req to @saidenka 's repos if you update source (includes translation dictionary.)
If this add-on merge your translation works, this add-on will be more powerful. :slight_smile:
However, If you update files more than 2 places, it will be difficult to consistent each repos.
The longer this state continues the more difficult to merge your contribution to @saidenka 's repos.

What do you think?

Brilliant Ape,
saidenkaā€™s verson is more unique small functions.
my version is leaning towards ā€˜collectionā€™ & will return bugs if duplicate addons enabled. In my version I use folders to contain addons from any given category. An example would be this:

Here Iā€™ve merged all add_mesh/curve/surface addons from blender & beyond & started on the add menu. I modified saidenkaā€™s addon to use a folders system, not dis-similar to blender 2.49 0_0, so instead of trawling through miles of addons, Iā€™m merging lesser/useful ones (that work & are not big maintained addons like archimesh) into a single activate, with saidenkaā€™s nice option to turn on off the extended menuā€™s. This is quite experimental & touches upon many areas of Blender. Certainly as I progress & delete addons Iā€™ve merged from my Blender install, the addons menuā€™s look much cleaner.

Attachments

really nice addon @saidenka, thanks a lot for sharing. How is the translation going? with meta androcto? should I help?

Hi @matali!
I translate the English translation by an automatic translation of Microsoft at the moment.
I accept the offer of TranslationDictionary.csv anytime :yes:

Hi Meta-Androcto! Iā€™m interested in your compilation but the file doesnā€™t exist

If you go through the backdoor by removing last part of link, youĀ“ll find it :slight_smile:
https://github.com/meta-androcto/blenderpython/tree/master/scripts/addons_extern/Addon_Factory

Next time Iā€™ll try to be more shrewd. every way is good to get what you want :slight_smile:
thanks a lot!

Hi, what happened to this project? There is no active working link to your addon. can you provide a new one?

yea iā€™m having the same problem. The github link no longer working. Did the author move to another place?

hi, this addon is no longer supported. Both saidenka and I removed all links. Sorry, it got out of hand and was very big and become very broken. many features made it into blender many did not. With 2.8 thereā€™s a new system and addons like this would take months to re-establish.

Please, post a link somewhere. I (& probably few others) intend to stay with 2.79 and just add another tool to arsenalā€¦ :wink:

This add-on is currently available on my GitHub.
This is a great add-on.

GitHub-bookyakuno / Blender-Scramble-Addon

Updated Scramble Addon to Blender2.8.

Releases Ā· bookyakuno/Blender-Scramble-Addon

2 Likes

thatā€™s interesting. scramble addon was a very forward thinking addon.

Oh my, What am I doing. I find it an interesting addon, and I thought let make an article about it.
Turns out that the addon is so big, that after 8 hours I have just copied the text of all labels and tiptools of all features. I hope within 4 hours more I am done. Lol.

But thanks for all the work, itā€™s very interesting also as a kind of library for addon developers.

1 Like

Here is my contribution for documentation: Scrambler Addon
I hope many more contributions will follow.

Is anyone else having trouble with Scramble addon and Blender 4.0?

I got it to load by commenting out the Bone Groups and Skeleton modules but didnā€™t debug further ā€” perhaps the introduction of bone collections broke those two?