[Addon] External Paint Autorefresh FREE

Hi, thanks for the update, we’ll add that into the script.

good plugin but it crashes if you try to save the file in gimp or if you try to export a layer. tried to follow the instructions but always it can’t find the correct path after doing anything with saving.

Hi there, in GIMP in such cases do an image export to the original image file being autorefreshed, that should set the filepath. There’s more info about it in the manual under “Saving an image as .xcf file in GIMP during autorefreshing”.

then link points to real time animation not external paint autorefresh

Edit: Nevermind. My old eyes just missed the link

The addon scripts do not appear in Photoshop\File\Scripts, though I followed the instructions from the manual and copied the folder ‘Photoshop Autorefresh’ into Photoshop’s Presets\Scripts.

So they don’t appear in Bridge\Tools, either.

The Autorefresh files are .js files, while the other files in Photoshop’s Presets\Scripts are .jsx files.

Any suggestions?

I can not find the script. I get no finger over the green current version download it here. Thanks
Edit I got it but had to go to page source and copy and past the link. I understand little about this stuff but i saw there the zip.

Bump… any suggestions?

The addon just got updated to 2.8. Photoshop and Bridge scripts should be working with CS6 and CC.

I tried to use this plugin in Gimp 2.8.10 OS X 10.9.1 without any luck. I also got the gimp 2.9 with the same results. Is it only me or this is known bug?

Does it create the sync folder in your home directory, or output any errors? If that folder isn’t getting created due to permissions or something, try creating it yourself. Also check the troubleshooting page for more ideas.

very handy script, thank you. It works very good.
Please, connect Blender with INKSCAPE…:yes:

My problem is that this plugin is not showing in the gimp app.
I put the plug-in files into: /Applications/GIMP.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

Hmm. This seems very useful. Will try it out later. Thanks

i will like to see krita support in this addons

“My problem is that this plugin is not showing in the gimp app.”

Sounds like your gimp isn’t detecting new plugins. Try to find a way to install them so that gimp notices them, it doesn’t matter how exactly as long as they appear.

“I will like to see krita support in this addons”.

This addon is open source MIT licensed so people can adapt it to other software if they want, it’s kind of difficult to support more software without more developers.

@pointatstuff
thank anyway for your contribution with this excellent addons i see a video on how to integrate blender and krita lets see wat i can do

Sure thing. If you adapt it to another editor, if you want you can send me a link to your app, I’ll post the link on my page. Just don’t send me the code since I won’t be maintaining it.

I have gimp 2.8 portable version, and the plugin doesn’t work for me. It gives me this error in Gimp:
GIMP Error
Calling error for procedure ‘gimp-file-load-layer’:
Could not open ‘C:\GIMPPortable\2.8.0\Data.gimp_blenderextpaint_autorefresh\uv.png’ for reading: No such file or directory

It seems that the plugin from Blender save the image uv.png in another location: C:\Documents and Settings\user_blenderextpaint_autorefresh

I have looked at the code but I don’t know how to change that path…

To macalister:

In the blender script, find the line
appdir = os.path.expanduser(’~’)+"/_blenderextpaint_autorefresh"

comment it out or delete it, and replace it with below (use forward slashes)
appdir = “'C:/GIMPPortable/2.8.0/Data/.gimp/_blenderextpaint_autorefresh”

Then reinstall the blender script. Now blender and gimp should be using the same folder.

Alternatively, find the appdir lines in the gimp scripts, replace the path with C:/Documents and Settings/user/_blenderextpaint_autorefresh, then reinstall those scripts.

It works perfect now. Thank you very much!