a clay sculpt of chun liu (cast added in post #20)

Very good renders, Cycles?
LOL
It looks great.
I feel your pain about casting.
Once upon a time I made masks, casted a lot of friends of mine. Live portraits. Alginic latex-like as medium. Now we are not young but we have our portraits. And two nude female figures actually. (this was difficult, and a little dangerous) Better avoid it if you don’t know what it means. I used all these as models, painting portraits and nudes. Assisting the live poses.

(why does the forum rotate my images by 90 degree when i upload them from my computer directly???)

if it happens with digital camera photos only, it is something in the EXIFs of the camera-file.

lol about cycles :-)… oh, not pain, but sure it is nerve wracking to remove the mold and see how it looks inside, knowing this or nothing after all the time consuming work … yes, i did a few, and use them for models too. this was my first idea anyway, to use them as wood carving guides… yes, ipad made the foto, i guess that counts as digital camera…lol…

It is the iPad then. You have to edit the photo in Pshop or Gimp or in any other photo app first.
The rotation is written as information in the EXIFs of the photo file. Nothing fancy, You may be able to fix it, even in a text editor.

So you did a few castings from live models.
It has a lot of fun, if I recollect correctly. I’m not sure about the people that were posing though. LOL
Especially in the nude case. My friend could die that evening. You can’t breath inside a mold. Even if it covers half of the body. You can’t take it away easily… brrrr
The results are wonderful of course. Still keep them locked in a closet as separated parts. Trophies from previous lives. (Barbe Bleue LOL)

oh, no not life casts, i misunderstood you,i made sculpts, then cast, so that i could take measures,because when you poke a oilbased clay often it looses form, and when measuring it is a lot of poking… lol… yes, from had a cast from broken finger, i can imagine how terrible is to be stuck inside a big hard shell…shiver… so, you have some amazing pieces !!!

Nice sculpt!!! :eek:
I ve tried to made a sculpt before…and bought all the material that I need, finally I can’t make a satisfied work…then I left the material on the floor and it just crystallize after years…lol

hi glenn, yes that is one problem with “real” sculpts, the materials last only so long… except you carve from stone… lol… thank you for nice comment :slight_smile: