77 and still in that learning curve.

Looking good Sir! I’ve seen the Yaf version, and now the Cycles…next up, BI! :smiley:

Sanctuary thank you very much. I’m still struggling a bit with Cycles materials and having to forgo a little gloss in many places because of the intent to animate.

Thanks Vicky. I’ve seen your interiors and you are to kind. It started in BI of course. I like to see frames render out like I have some monster machine. :slight_smile: I’m getting a kick out of watching Andrews tutorials since his latest purchase. Sometimes he forgets the 3,000 dollar model he’s driving. And, once again thanks for the use of your work.

@theoldghost, looking forward as you add to this gallery, do you aim to have it as a continual WIP or are you going to call it quits at some stage?

PS: Had a look on editing username, but cannot find an option, will need to ask a moderator. You are not the 1st to have difficulty with all the sevens :smiley:

Keep it up and best of luck

Shaun

Speed with one 7 it is not a WIP my Blender buddy. I take it you have never visited the wonderful world of animation on a home computer. Take my advice and don’t. Once again that was a amazing piece of work.

I just rendered out 35 hours worth of frames and overlooked so much. As I mentioned on another thread where minoribus animates what the hell was I thinking. So it has to be done over again. Below you see where the camera stops for about four seconds. Four seconds is long enough where it becomes a composition if you are allowed that luxury.

So I dragged the rug and furniture over about two clicks to the right. And, got rid of a few ugly artifacts on the furniture and changed the lighting a little. And, this wasn’t the only place. So it’s stand by for maybe forty hours of rendering now with my mighty GeForce GT 530 doing one thousand frames. :slight_smile: This frame took 2:35 and it’s a damn tap dance between time, resolution, and noise.

But, the hell with this. I’m looking forward to your next effort. I seems to me in art the last effort might stifle the next. Yeah, in my opinion it was that good. Almost like how can I top this. One foot in front of the other one is the way to go it seems. I’m really looking forward to much more work and I know I’m not alone. And, this little scene might hold up for four seconds. We’ll see.

finally, someone dared to create a museum! wonderful! i really admire this, as i played also with this idea for long, like an exhibit for my sculpts, but i shy away always due to the work it needs that is not sculpting …lol … wonderfully colorful are your compositions, i am looking forward to see the 1000 frames you are rendering :slight_smile:

You are to kind talented lady. Does that mean…

Looking good Ghost… sorry to hear about the glitches after rendering the animation. I really hope you are rendering png sequences rather than trying to render it straight to video. It really is a huge timesaver in correcting small glitches.

I just rendered out 35 hours worth of frames and overlooked so much.

This happens to me all the times. No matter if I make openGL viewport renders before. When rendered with texture and color things change drastically.

This frame took 2:35 and it’s a damn tap dance between time, resolution, and noise.

So true, you always have to buy time by giving away quality. I know it hurts.

And, this little scene might hold up for four seconds.

It is looking good. And I agree with your changes. It will benefit if it is a bit more balanced. Evenness is a good thing in this case, because the viewer should concentrate on the images.

Hi Ghost, trust you doing well.

Reason I asked is that I do not know what plans you had for this, camera wise thought maybe you would do some additions to the gallery and fill in some blank walls that the viewer can not see behind where the camera is now. In essence was not sure how you intended for the camera to travel.

Never tried my hand at animation in blender and from what I read probably never will. Suppose we should never say never.

As has been said before in this thread a really wonderful idea you got here and I am looking forward to seeing it completed, especially now that I know it is not a continual WIP :o

The paintings/portraits that I have seen so far tell a life story and it is heart warming, are you making it for for yourself or for a gift for your family?

Hope the rendering is going well and is to your satisfaction when complete.

Shaun

Shaun, how insightful. I somehow thought you were a young individual. It would be nice if location and age were required with the Avatars. And, of course the ladies could simply lie. Or, embellish the truth a little. :slight_smile:

It’s my last gift to the family if ever finished. My interest in Blender started with 2.48 and a Intel Duo machine. Attempting to make animations for my little granddaughter. I’m reluctant to say that since my modeling skills must have our German friend (minoribus) cringing every time he views my little efforts. Now she is sixteen and sadly my Blender skills haven’t followed suit. So I was once chasing the definitive ‘Kendall’ render and now it’s become a little more then that. By the way staying away from animation is a wise move. Your stills are something and without the aggravation.

Thanks Harley. Always PNGs and for years. And, you are right. It gives you so much leeway. minoribus, it is what it is. A interest in animation on a home computer with no team nor render farm. But, you having done the same thing with your technical skills makes me feel better actually.

In the mean time Cycles is a trip. And, let me quickly add I want believable. The viewer doesn’t have to see a camera reproduction in this project. Just enough to draw them in will suffice. So with that thought in mind I was playing with Cycles glass. And, then added a Solidify Modifier to it. Whoa a whole new ball game suddenly.

Maybe one is glass and one Plexiglass. Maybe they are neither. But, I suspect the average viewer wouldn’t really care. Something to balance the composition out and add a foreground was the intent. But, in the world of believable versus photorealistic either one might suffice. By the way Doris says when that second floor is done she will personally bring a sculpt down to a poly count where I can use it. Thanks talented lady. The unfinished second floor… Hell, I’m having a problem getting out of this damn lobby. Have a nice week all.

I hope this is ok to link in here, but I thought you might enjoy this… https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?74666-Visiting-Museums-in-VR

It’s a VR gallery that’s being accomplished with the Unreal Engine 4.

I like the addition of the globe. everything is so perfect, that I think there should be something to break it up…there is that nice white floor…how about a dropped pencil in front of the desk?

Thanks, Xraygunner, that is some nice interesting work. I was just fixing to start a 2400 pass render for shot 1 - scene 1 since nothing is moving. And, hoping the resolution in the 2d shot will not be to noticeable to a viewer. As you know I can simply duplicate this maybe 3 or 4 times in the Video Editor and then start the camera movement with probably about 120 passes per frame.

Modron thanks and you are absolutely right. The place was just built and will never look this pristine again (That was the intent anyway) Much like the first and only home I bought or was attempting to buy. Those girls made quick work of that. :slight_smile: However, maybe a little more to suggest a staff is there. Especially in the 1st shot.

When the furniture was moved for the 2nd shot it changed the entire composition in this shot. But, rather then re spacing every picture on that right wall again and re baking I’m going to half ass it. So good bad or indifferent this will be Scene 1 - Shot 1.

Changes made: The obvious judgment calls in the Sphere itself. A studio HDR for this shot only (The glass). After playing with Refraction - Gloss - Fresnel nodes I went back to a basic Glass Node. The camera won’t be moving around the Sphere and the one node is way less expensive in render time by the way for anyone animating. Now the camera starts moving so have a nice weekend all.

the concentric circles inside the sphere make it look much more interestin. i like this … even though such a big glass sphere is heavy and thus needs a good support, the black pedastal is visually quite heavy, also since it does not show any shading. a possibility could be to make the cylinder much flatter, apply a (industrial) metal material or maybe a wood that goes with the wood already in the scene, and add 3 or four bolts around, so that it appears as if it were secured by bolts to the floor.

theoldghost: Good to see maturity doesn’t stop the drive to learn new things.
Indeed, I am hoping to get some of my local community group into 3D / Blender soon and we are all on the “wrong” side of 50. :wink:
Looking forward to watching your progress on this. :slight_smile:

Another plus for Cycles rendering on a Nvidia card. I’m able to type this with a render going on. Doris I’m delighted you like some of the changes. I would have taken your suggestion under advisement except we are now 141 frames into a camera sweep. (About 3:00 min. per frame) Plexiglas or glass… regardless that base has 600 pounds of lead in it. And, yes the riggers had a hell of a time. :slight_smile:

colkai, to me it’s more rewarding then say playing cards. Not that there’s a thing wrong with that. And, yes it does take me longer to grasp things then it would have even twenty years ago. That’s where simply being a persistent ass comes into play. I would really like to hear about how many take to it. My guess would be maybe 20% if it’s presented right. For any with young grandkids that is an approach. Making fuzzy things with big eyes and making them move. :slight_smile: Anyway good luck.

Since this is a sketchbook maybe I can squeeze in a few efforts not related to that damn gallery. Doris this is MakeHuman with a little sculpting. And, it got me censored on YouTube. Now our Brazilian Blender buddy might call this a day at the beach. Evidently some ass on YouTube didn’t see it that way. Obscenity was mentioned and it was months before I could upload anything else.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/…n0001-0250.avi

I can see her protecting the goal for the Brazilian team myself. Or, for that matter the USA albeit with a uniform in both cases. But, obscene never occurred to me. Artistic freedom and YouTube…

Done about four years ago and yes I can pick it apart also.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81075043/0001-2545.avi

The ‘Grateful Dead’ just gave their last concert. So ends fifty years of a band some call… I only saw them two times but in my book they were gold in another time when Jerry Garcia was alive. ‘The Dead’ to their many fans were simply something else. A time where you could drop acid or roll a number in their concerts with no one hassling you. This little effort was done years ago however just checking out Blender.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81075043/0001-1625.avi

/////

I was happy to see The Dead picked my old hometown of Chicago to do their last concert, I’m hoping they will release a DVD of it at some point.

Watched your animation… looks like it would fit in well as a background video that these bands play on the screens behind them :slight_smile: