6th GEAR

Which version did you download? Which OS you have? It has only 64-bit linux and had/will have 64-bit windows. If someone need 32-bit windows, note me so I can make it somehow. Anyway, 32-bit linux is far away(I don’t know if there will be at all).

@solarforge I can tell you so v1.1.6 will have some improvements of performance(I obtained 4 FPS for me, now it is about 11 fps, overall stable. It becomes even 14 when I drive on the garage building floor 2. But I except to loose some performance after putting all theese buildings(~1000) and trafffic cars(~20) in level 1. Anyway, it shouldn’t drop below optimal 10 FPS for me. Anyway- I got question- do Vsync improve or decrease performance?

This depends on the graphics card ! From looking at my 3D card options, it is mentioned that OpenGL games work best with the option Vsync deactivated !

Well the thing is that if you shared the game in it’s original format, (.blend files) then others could save the game as runtime on their respective machines regardless if it is 32-bit or 64-bit OS and under Linux, Win or Mac ; Sharing the executable version has many disadvantages and on the whole is not share friendly !

A good way to get better performances is, and as you mentioned, use a non exotic shader such as Lambert and CookTorr and avoid using values for Diffuse and Specular such as “1.739” ; Best to use “1.500” or “2.000” instead.

Try crushing the textures down ; For example use 256p X 256p instead of 512p x 512p…
For Physics, use Box “Collision Bounds” and try setting the World > Physics > Settings to the lowest possible !

But if you need good advice, then I would suggest that you make a thread for the game in the GE Support and Discussion forum, and ask precise questions there…

Hi! I need testers of windows version!
The current version isn’t finished, it is pre-release of v1.1.6, but don’t worry, it should work fine. currently releasing only 64-bit. Please, test and tell me if it works!

Just tried downloading the zip file with Chrome who then blocked the download saying that the file was malicious…
Managed to download the zip file with Internet Explorer, unzipped the file, then when I tried to open the application, “Avast” did a “Deep Scan” and is blocking it…

Seems like there are some files in the download that are not very appreciated ?!

Well, I used Build game addon only!

EDIT

Okay ! sorry for being such a downer, I have been checking out a few things…
This could be nothing, I will try again later on :slight_smile:

Well, I htink it wont work, wait for next release when I figure out something!

If dropbox were faulty, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3-3pjFYDzaMTBldU4tbWtwWHc/view?usp=sharing

Super ! I will check it out :slight_smile: ,be back in 12/24 Hrs…

Well, I tried to launch the application and having blender 2.71 installed but nothing happens…

In the config file:

player: blenderplayer

…should be blenderplayer.exe

and

blend: 6th_gear.blend

…isn’t included with the download

Addon could be borked. It wasn’t copying everything when I last tested.
Also most blender games run in wine (in fact that’s what I’m testing with right now)

Well… I wil copy the blenderplayer from windows folder, maybe, and paste in the blend…

The pre-1.1.6 for Windows 64-bit is out here and now it should work:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3-3pjFYDzaN1RzV2JlcjZ3b2M/view?usp=sharing

Test and tell bugs and problems!

Hi, just tried out the game and managed to get it working with blender v2.73

It is made with 2.73 actually! I begun with 2.70 and than continued in 2.72, later in 2.73

Bra whats goin on too much !!! LAG !!! And on my win 8
Doesent start?

Well, abanobed project because of bad performance! Sorry! i am working on Worn Tires: Race to the Victory now if oyu are interested;)