3rd Person Shootout Arena WIP

No I dont, i freelance 3d rendering for Interiors, POP Displays, Exhibitions and Events. Its just my hobby, with the hopes that one day if i can make a complete game, i could make a living off of it.

that sounds great. i think if this game goes well, you can make money from it. I study game designing but my focus is more on visual art and sound engineering. I pick BGE to make my own games because it is kinda userfriendly and there is a community like this where i can ask. A relative big part of logics in my games are made through support of this forum.

This looks so nice and clean. bReally good design work :slight_smile: Menus and level look great. Keep it up!

The only thing for me letting it down is the player model. Fair enough that you want to keep a solid colour, but maybe improve the actual model/animations a tiny bit would do this game wonders.

Regards

Alan

I think the player model looks great. It’s not high poly but it really doesn’t need to be.

Are you using matcaps for your arena textures?

Like this:

Thanks cypher2012! I agree with you on the animation part. There is still more to go and tweaking the actions so its more fluid. the problem with this is, i don’t know why blender keeps freezing actions thou. Sometimes it will run perfectly fine with no hiccup, and other times it would freeze while changing actions. I fear the more actions i put in the more problems it will have. I’ve always wanted to create a shooter with solid lowpolygon characters, since i believe Stick Death Theatre came out.

Smoking_mirror for my arena textures, I simply baked a the shadows and AO onto a white material, and then mixed a matcap texture to create a reflection effect.