2015 Porsche 918 Spyder *updated 1-25* *with model download*

Here are some things you might want to look into:

• The saturation of the image is rather extreme, especially considering how the colours on the scene don’t really complement each other.

• The shadows under the car are too blue and not sharp enough.

• Some black areas on the cars look so dark all the details in there are completely lost.

• The objects you can see through the windscreens don’t correspond to the backplate. Don’t even know if this is possible in Cycles, or if it has to be faked in post.

Attached is a render I did about a year ago - looking back it’s not by any means a great render, but it should give you some idea of what I’m talking about.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

Really really good! :slight_smile:

@Oscar J
Thank you, I really appreciate the tips.
@ivaydesign
Thanks! I’m glad you like it

You have done an outstanding job with your car! Do you have any free car modeling tutorials that you recommend? I’ve searched but can’t find any current tutorials to model a detailed car. It is a very popular thing to model and I would like to attempt at it too, but can’t seem to find a way to learn how to do it.

Thank you, I’m glad you like it.
Unfortunately, I don’t know of any good free car modelling videos. I learned how by watching a timelapse video, and then modelling a million different cars. This certainly isn’t the best way to go about it though, and I don’t recommend it too much. I didn’t have much modelling practice before then, and needless to say my first many cars were awful (I still haven’t finished a ‘good’ model). Reading through all the car threads I could helped a lot.
If you don’t want to pay for a course, I would go with the path of learning everything you can, be it watching timelapses, free tutorials, reading/following car modelling threads on here or other cg forums, (software doesn’t matter too much here) taking your time to do your project well, and being content with your first few models looking awful.
You will get better as you go on. A good understanding of topology and basic modelling techniques helps a lot. Many people recommend learning these first on things other than cars.