1963 Chevrolet Impala (Feedback wanted)

Well you don’t have to model the suspension, I just am as the car is a lowrider and can hop up and reveal it’s undercarriage.

Anyway, here is a closeup render showing the paint material better with metallic flakes and machine turned anodized aluminium lines

Detailed the wheels some more in Substance Painter

Ah, okay… Thx

Finished work on the suspension by adding hydraulic cylinders as well as coil springs, here is a render of the rear suspension lifted up using hydraulics

Here is a screenshot of the front suspension

Started work on the hydraulic system in the boot, the pumps and dumps are finished, all I have to do now is the piping to the wheels and texture and connect the batteries

I think I’ve finally got a good looking metallic flake shader

Finished the piping for the hydraulic setup and started to work on the sound system

Finally decided to start the part of the model I dread most, the interior. I have finished the front seats, the render is of the low poly model with baked normals from a high poly model

very nice looking model. lots of details. actually kind of amazed that you have modeled everything like the hydraulics system in the trunk.

a comment on the paint(im sure you spent a lot of time so i feel kind of bad) you should mix your metallic reflections with a glossy node. metallic paint usually only shimmers where the light is directly hitting it and reflecting off. your paint is reflecting everywhere. it is also usually pretty subtle. i used to work on custom hotrods and lowriders. (my grandpa ran car shows and had his own 54 chevy pickup that we worked on together also)

But if that is the look your going for then don’t listen to me :slight_smile: looks great.

Don’t feel bad at all, I have spent a lot of time on the paint but I’m still working on it here and there, the paint I used to have worked like that however the issue was it was too subtle, I know you have said that the paint is usually subtle, which it is, it’s just the look I’m going for is a little more like this

Ah ok! in that case your paint matches pretty closely to what you are aiming for. nice work!

Replacing the placeholder engine with one of more detail, the block and heads are done and now I need to work of the details

Added some detail to the engine block, made a new air filter and added detail to the valve covers, the chrome limes on the valve covers are supposed to be straight and look straight in Substance Painter but for some reason look wonky in Blender

Haven’t worked on this in a while but whilst doing other projects I’ve improved my render set-up and car material so I decided to give the car another render

Attachments