1930's Geebee Racer

hi jayd

SUPERB, really love this plane.

i fly model aircraft, mostly jets. i had a model of one of these a few years ago, flew great, but was virtually impossible to land, ended up on its back most every time. :o

shaun

nice work, I like it.

jayd, I realized that you need a pilot figure to freely set the position of your model in a flight scene (actually you are hiding the cockpit, probably because it is empty - am I right?).

You can use this figure: http://airplanes3d.net/model-pilot_e.xml. It is free.

Although this is a USAAC pilot, you can modify just a few details to make him look more similar to somebody who starts in aircraft races…

So much detail in the engine! :eek:

Nice model! While I’m no expert, I would say it looks quite accurate. Coincidentally, I actually attended the EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin this last week (google it if you haven’t heard of it, but given that you are posting a plane model and live in US you probably have) and saw this very plane in person! Didn’t get to see it fly though, unfortunately. It is a really odd looking plane and you don’t really realize how big they are until you are standing by one. It really was a cool plane to see.

Great job. Reminds me of El Chupacabra from the Disney movie Planes. Thanks to my son, I have seen this movie at least 15 times.

Hey Shaun
I’ve flown a few basic model aircraft, it takes an advanced pilot to fly a GeeBee much less jets.

Jay

hey Witold
You are right, I hid the pilot on purpose, a few members had requested an in flight render and I didn’t have a pilot model. I’ll check out the pilot model link, Thanks Jay

I’ve never seen one in person, they’re a rare aircraft and there’s not many out there. We have a few local air shows but nothing like the one in Oshkosh, doubt I’ll ever see one around here.