J.B. Johnson Steam Fire Engine (1864)

Correction: the brand is J.B. Johnson, not Merryweather.

Last week I gathered the strength I needed to finish this model. I didn’t want to rush it so it took me 5 months in all to complete (with a 1 year pause):

HIGHER-RES UPDATE:

Attachments

NICE! Great browning effect (done in Gimp?) How many objects are in that one?

Lovely work. It really captures the spirit of those old photographs.

Aligorith

Duhast: Last week I gathered the strength I needed to finish this model. I
Yea thats the death of most peoples models, but wow your was well worth the time and effort. What did u render the image in?

Amazing render, can we see some wires please? There is some great modelling.
Could you also show some material settings as yours are exceptional.

very nice… little bit higher contrast (little bit noise) would’ve made it even more authentic.

.b

Really nice! Looks very realistic.

Keep it up
Cuby

One of the best renders here ever. Fantastic work.

BgDM

Perfect…

I really can’t think of anything more to say, other than the compression is a little high.

Alex

Oups, missed this one ! Very well executed, I remembered it some month ago and I was already impressed. Great work.

Dang, your fire fighter uniform is pretty near perfect aswell.

Well, there’s the higher resolution image, and the wireframe asked by The ANIMAL.

I’m VERY happy that you liked it.

dude holy crap, i thought that was the ref pic at first

That is a nice, nice render. And that’s all I’m gonna say, as everything is said already.

I say this rarely:
When I opened this thread I honestly thought that was a real photo shown as a reference photo.
Very realistic.
Definitely 5 stars.

great work
5 stars :smiley:

5stars from me

This is beautiful.

Looks so good it’s almost scary!

Sometimes I hate when guys like you do stuff like this… I can’t help but feel “Holy shit!! I’ll never be that good! I might as well give up now!”

Very good work indeed! I’m curious as to what you used for your reference material.

I went to the fire station that owns the machine and took around 100 pictures :wink: