At the end of this project at last I know how particle hair work :yes:

Attachments

whooa really nice, i smell gallery!

5stars

that’s just amazing.:eek:
5 STARS

This image looks great :eek:

Are they really mice ?

They seem awfully big compared to the corn.

Wow, that’s great. I mean, there are a couple sterile lighting problems, but jeez, it still looks good, and everything’s just well put together generally.

Also, the mice aren’t that big and the corn is farther away.

Nicely done indeed. I think you understand more than just particles!

Brilliant.

nice mice :slight_smile: seriously they look great

cheers,
Bob

what a great scene! everything works, lighting is so nice. i really like how you show off the mice fur in the beam of light. nice ears too.
(but maybe the dust in the air is a bit strong and paint can is a little sharp)
is the ear of corn modeled or an image?

the whole scene ist modelled in blender 2.42a, dust and DOF and color-correction is postwork with photoshop.

Attachments

The mice themselves are absolutely amazing. Top class.

The corn seems too square at places.

4 stars.
Good work!

:eek: You mean this was just to learn particle hair?? Awesome job- four stars because the light needs just a little work and the scale is off.

that’s really impressive! nice rendering.

Wow! really great render there!!!

Keep up the awesome work!
Cuby

Stunning.
This is one of those works where i see the wireframe and the end result - and cant believe that with textures and lightning can be done such beautiful things.
5 stars

I second that. wireframe is so empty…and the render is so full of detail. Amazing!

Wow, that’s amazing. What is the render time for this? And, if the question makes sense (I don’t understand static particles that well) how many particles did you need per mouse to get that effect?

LGM

it took 10 min with AO, and 6 min without. Background another two minutes (AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+, WinXP).
90000 particles are used for the mouse in the front, 75000 for the first right mouse and 50000 for each of the mouses in the back. But not the count of particles but clever setting of lights make the effect.

As already said, this is just f…reakin awesome!!