Medieval times

My last work - render yafray.
Enjoy it :slight_smile: .

Attachments

It looks quite good. Well done. :slight_smile:

I’d just like to point out the texture used in the window - it looks slightly distorted, and doesn’t really work that well (too much contrast. i.e. the sky)

Aligorith

Awesome work. The wood textures are incredible, really gives an “old” effect. I especially like the wooden cupboard, or what you would call it, behind the lady. Love it.

Milky

really good.

the textures and the lighning really works well on your scene.

Amazing work. Really captures the (richer) medieval spirit.
The mirror on the left reminds me of a Van Eyck painting.
If you look at the Van Eyck and look into the mirror closely you can see him painting the picture :]

looks great, especially the wood textures, very realistic.

Bob

Superb work overall. Excellent atmosphere as well. However, that lady sorta bothers me. Maybe it’s just me - but something about her doesn’t seem quite right. Maybe it’s the way her back is arched or something. But it doesn’t remove from the image much at all. Excellent work. 5 Stars.

Great work!
I love your wood work, and the “whitewash” look in the scene in general.

May I suggest:
Lowering the mirror so the crib and person are in the mirror reflection.

Great stuff :slight_smile:

Perfect :smiley: Great Textures :wink:

Amazing! Very nice!

You have made a great job Yarpen, nice atmosphere and very good use of texture, the wood is really nice. I would increase the GI quality to get a better result, it seems that you have some problems with mesh jointures (window and table on the left of the window). I would also suggest to improve a bit the lady, a bit too “middle agy” :). Great job anyway.

Enrico

Hi, thank you very much for replies. I will try to improve the image a little:) .

enricoeric:thanks, GI quality is realy not very good
render - quality medium (about 4 hours) - i will try to get better result but it takes realy much time:) . The lady is very simple - i made her according the attached reference. I have found the faults on the mesh yet .

Attachments

Nice Moddeling, Texturing, Lighting. And not again one of these modern rooms. Awsome!

Beautiful work. Lots of referenced modelling obviously. Great textures.
The lady looks pretty good, although something does seem odd. It might be the skin texture or something is too much like plaster, and she looks slightly stiff as well.

i aactualy do not dislike teh cloudy effect of the lower GI quality because it adds the element of imperfection and irregularity to the walls and thus makes them look more realistic!

amazing work!

claas

Jothmom,dgebel, cekuhen: thanks for your replies and hints and sorry for late reply:) .

i love the overall design but as dgebel said the woman looks unnaturally positioned, try to make her back curve towards the cradle rather than away from it.:smiley:

Oo, yafray… Standart blender spot.

I missed this one, god that looks good, 2 years old and i bet it had no 18 hour waiting indigo style either.

True great work!