LINUX and Blender 2.77 weird behavior

Working on a scene on my PC (Win10) and Blender 2.77, I have no issues.
The same scene on my laptop (Linux Mint) and Blender 2.76: all fine here as well.

Now I installed Blender 2.77 over 2.76 on the Linux laptop, and I’m running into weird problems trying to select bone shapes in Pose mode. Some bone is selected when clicking, but not the one I’m clicking on.
Here a ‘slim’ version of the blend-file:

bug-report_linux3.blend (619 KB)

(Another issue: ALT-right-click-selecting an edge/vertex/face loop doesn’t work either on LINUX-Blender2.77…)

Anyone run into the same problems with 2.77 on Linux?
Seems to be a bug I would report then…

¿What Linux Mint version?

Do you have installed Blender from the repositories? If so, you try to download Blender official .tar.bz2 file. Extract to a folder somewhere within your /home/YOUR_USER and run there “blender” file. You try if the problem still occurs.

Also, you try changing the mode of selection under User Preferences > System > Selection. “Automatic” is working well for me in Kubuntu 14.04, but I do not know if that feature is hardware dependent, so you try the other options.

If none of this works, you try an empty user configuration. You close Blender. You enter “/home/YOUR USER/.config/blender” and rename the folder 2.77. Open Blender 2.77 and you DO NOT select copy previous settings from 2.76. You try if the problem still occurs.

To recover your user settings close Blender and just delete the new folder 2.77 that had been created and you rename again the folder you previously renamed to test this to 2.77.

Thanks YAFU, I’ll try the steps you recommend.

@ YAFU
Unfortunately I didn’t have any success getting 2.77 to run properly, so I’m working with 2.76 again which doesn’t have the selection problem in pose mode.
As you proposed, I’ve reinstalled 2.77 several times (PPA thomas-schiex and download, then extract into folder).
Empty user config also didn’t get me further…
But thanks anyway for your ideas.

So, if somebody has a similar problem, let me know. I’d report it to the Devs. Otherwise it’s my weird hardware/linux combination which causes the troubles and I’ll stick to 2.76

The PROBLEM in 2.77:
Armature, Pose Mode: Clicking on a bone which uses a shape as representation, selects a random other bone. clicking again selects another bone again, just not the one clicked on. If I uncheck Shapes in the bones /display panel, the bones are precisely selectable.

The specs:

The LAPTOP is a rather old HP:
IntelG Core2 CPU T7600 @ 2.33GHz x 2
2GigRAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA G71GLM (QuadroFX 1500M)

LINUX:
Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel: 2.19.0-32-generic

you can try to change the selection method in user preference/system
it may help you

Thanks gritche
Already did try this without a better result…