YafaRay question: Possible removal of Bidirectional Integrator?

Hello,
In my opinion, the current implementation of the YafaRay Bidirectional integrator is buggy, flawed and its design is very different to the other integrators.

My question is: do you believe it’s worth maintaining? Or we should remove it from YafaRay and move on?

Do you think this is still useful? Is somebody using it for actual production renders?

You can vote and comment here as well: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5141

I never use it. So, if you find it buggy, my vote is positive.

Hello,
Based on several comments and votes and my own tests where I can see the Bidirectional integrator often gives different results (apparently inconsistent and probably wrong) respect to the other integrators, this is what I’ve decided for the Bidirectional integrator in YafaRay-E:

• To be respectful with the few users that might be using Bidirectional despite its problems, I will not remove the Bidirectional integrator from YafaRay-E yet.
  • I will declare Bidirectional a “deprecated” integrator, with warning messages in the UI and the Log, recommending not to use it and explaining that the Bidirectional integrator:
  • Will probably give incorrect render results.
  • Will not be supported anymore. No fixes or improvements will be developed for it in the short/medium term.
  • May be removed from YafaRay-E in a future version.

Thank you for your comments and best regards.