Help with MMD model

So, I like using the MMD Tool addon to import models other people made and play around with them. I won’t go into too much detail about what MMD is, but there is a tool that imports models from that program that imports the model, textures, rig, and the physics that were attached to the model in MMD and into Blender. I have recently updated Blender, and all of a sudden, every model I’ve imported has done this. (It wouldn’t let me attach the actual video file)

The rigid bodies that are supposed to be loosely hanging for the hair and clothing all of a sudden wants to start floating and twitching weirdly, when it didn’t happen before. Hopefully someone has had this problem, or knows what might cause this. I have zero knowledge about rigging and the physics in Blender. I only really know how to animate in it, so I hope someone can help me out.

I think I might need a little more information than that. I tried importing one of the regular MMD models into Blender (I currently have 2.76b) and it worked just fine. What version of Blender do you have? What program did you use to import the models? Which models did you try to import? Did you do anything to the models before you pressed play? Maybe if you post a blend file, it might help determine the problem.

I am using 2.75 currently, but I have tried on previous versions, and somehow I get the same problem I have above. I’ve used the latest version of the MMD Tools addon here.

It isn’t a problem with the specific one I showed up there or is in the blend file, but it does it with literally every MMD model I have now, and it’s really confusing. If it works for you, then the file might not even recreate what’s happening. I did nothing but had the physics built into the models the way the tool is meant to do, but none of them are working correctly all of a sudden.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/40649

I just noticed that your Blender file is five times the size of what a normal MMD model should be. I moved Blake (yay another RWBY fan :D) to a different layer and pressed Alt H to reveal a bunch of leftover MMD rigid bodies and joints that weren’t entirely deleted. After I deleted those, I tried playing again and Blake ran smoothly. Next time you want to delete an MMD model, check to make sure you deleted the rigid bodies and joints because those will get in the way. Also, where did you get the Blake MMD model? I’m just curious.

1 Like

Well, that’s 100% what that was. I guess I just let them build up without really thinking that the rigid bodies would have be deleted separately from the models and rigs. Thanks a lot. I probably should have figured that, in hindsight. >_<

And I didn’t think I’d see another RWBY fan on here. Awesome! :slight_smile:

I been having the same issue with gravity. Are you suppose to remove all the rigid bodies for this effect to work? I removed them and it seems to remove all physics from the model. Thanks