No Name Yet! - 3D dungeoneer

Hi there!

Currently i am working on making my first (full) game.
Since i am making this game myself it will take some time to finish (or event to get a beta).

The game is about killing monsters and levelling.
In the beginning you can choose what weapon you want, you could be and: archer or magician (more to follow?)
Your goal is to escape the dungeon.

The dungeon is a maze with many quests and monsters. Monsters have an level like the player. The player will level up when it completes quests or kills monsters.

Current State Picture: (Fire using EasyEmit(is there a better way?) and models have lod)

I do not have an name yet, so if anyone knows a name Tell me!:wink:

EDIT:
Close up on fire

wow… amazing work!

I made a 3D maze before in Unity with basic texturing and lighting. I never actually turned it into a game.

Honestly I felt it was too frustrating and not all that fun to navigate around. You said you intended to put RPG elements in it so I suppose that’s a plus. Maybe it could even have a horror factor.

I thought about ditching the claustrophobic and repetitive hallways and making it a game with wide open (vertically oriented) rooms that you had to navigate around with visual clues. Maybe even use a system where you had to get keys for locked doors and stuff. However I never really had the motivation to design all that.

Whatever name you pick don’t include “labyrinth”. Labyrinth sounds like a cool word for maze but they’re technically different things.

Fire should start at a bit lighter color(close to white, but still yellow, if there would be support for 3 blendings you’d need to start with blue, than yellow, than red).
Looks very cool. The texture resolution seems to be huge. How high is it?:slight_smile:

The textures on the wall, floor and roof are 1024x1024.
And for the torch it is 512x512.

Also the new fire is starting a bit more white Thanks, indeed if there would be support for 3 color blendings i would do that (I am gonna make my own emitter soon).

Left: Old, Right: New

Yeah… This already looks better.
It looked like walls would be 2048 or 4096:D

I know but i don’t have a higher resolution.

Update:

After playing with the particles i made a magic ball (Weapon soon or later)

The player can shoot it an any direction and it stops when it hits an object and remains for 0.5 seconds an disapears, also when it hits an object it starts to add more particles.:eyebrowlift:

Also started with moss from the ceiling (Lod 1 is main model? MMMkay)

Looks good!

Make sure you use the normal map checkbox under image sampling in the texture tab.

A working gate that closes after you entered and the beginning of the first enemy :slight_smile:

Looking better every day! Keep it up!

I am pausing this project due to no time.