cananyone model my tattoos

gday Everyone

wondering if anyone could model my tattoos :slight_smile:

thought it would be worth a ask

This part of the forum is intended to give people support, not to deal with orders… (I dont want to annoy you).

So you can:

Cool tats! I can see it might be a challenge to model your own (I read your sig and visited your website), so I’m tempted to have a go on maybe one of the two (probably Orca?) as I don’t have an abundance of free time but could see it as a bit of fun (and maybe others would like to have a go also?) Yeah, this thread is probably best placed in the Volunteer work section, but a mod is bound to visit at some point. May I ask what you’re looking to use the model for? I’m a ZBrush artist by trade, but I design for 3d print rather than render most of the time (no textures, no poly count or topology limitations, but lots of physical limitations). I’d guess you’re looking for something to render, in which case I’d make it like a game asset (sculpt, retopo, unwrap, texture). Fill us in on some details and I’ll see about working one up for you (and others may volunteer also). Cheers

that would be awesome i want them designed so i could 3d print them :slight_smile: i think it would be cool to have 3d models of my tats :slight_smile: im into 3d printing that what i use blender for, designing lil mm perfect things that i can use around the house and just general things i think would help me its so good being able to design something and make it as b4 my accident i was a hands on person always making things but my spinal cord put a stop to that lol anyway enough rambling let me know how you go :slight_smile:

Good man. It was surprising to me that you want them for 3d printing. I wouldn’t have guessed initially, but since that’s right up my street it shouldn’t take me too long. I’ve got a few design specs to ask you about. The first consideration is the size you’re looking for, as it affects everything from print costs to how thick pieces need to be, to how pronounced surface detail should be (you can obviously rescale the files to varying effect but I’ll design for optimal results with a specific scale in mind). Next, regarding style, are you wanting this to A.) appear more flat with embossed details, looking very similar to the 2d image of the tattoo or B.) be fully 3d dimensional. Next, would you like it to A.) sit flat on a desk (requires a flat underside) or B.) have a hole assembly on the underside for elevated mounting (for example, with an acrylic peg attached to a “flight stand”… would have to leave details of procuring such an item to you, and also the viability of this option is affected by the intended size of the object) or C.) “Other”?

thats so cool :slight_smile: i would probally print them as big as my da vinci goes :slight_smile: which is 20x20x18cms Aas for 3d i think itd be cool fully 3d what do you think?

i thought the orca could sit on his 2 fins n bottom of tail :slight_smile: as for the angler he’d just have a flat bottom :slight_smile: i think that was what u was asking
let me know any other questions i hope i answered them
ghis really means alot to me i love this group everyone is so helpful :slight_smile:
thamks so muvh

Yeah, full 3d is cool. I could make either way look great, but let’s go with that. 20x20x18cm on the other hand… that’s going to cost you a fortune to print (well into the hundreds, pick your currency, if done at a reasonably high resolution). I can make it that big if you want, but you might want to do a little pricing research on something like Shapeways, unless you’re already familiar. I’d say 5 to 10cm cubed (and even that will set you back a little) might be a better option unless money is no object.

i should have told you i have my own 3d printer :slight_smile: its a da vinci 1.0A but i think 10cm cubed would be plenty otherwise it’ll be printing for days lol

gday mate was having a think and if its easier for you to make it a more flat with embossed details thats cool :slight_smile:

There’s no need to be concerned about which is easier - I reckon either way is about the same, so full 3d is a good way to go, as far as I’m concerned. Also, it’s helpful to know that you have a 3d printer… I’ll have a look at the specs and it can help inform some of the creative process. Would love to have a 3d printer of my own… someday, deffo! Cheers.

awesome thanks mate u’ll get one mate