Stormtrooper

Tested the awesome HardOps addon by Masterxeon1001. Textured in Substance Painter and rendered in Cycles.

Attachments

You did awesome! Texturing is superb and the red light gives a suptle but nice touch. Keep it up, man!

Very well done. Nothing more to say, on every single field it’s just superb.
Lighting, mood, model ,testures and shader.
Congrats!

It would be better if his shoulder had an angle of some sort. He looks stiff right now. Either way everything else looks awesome.

Stunning!! Absolutely stunning!!
I fully agree with pieriko, everything, from model and shaders to mood and render, is simply flawless.
The complementary colours work perfectly!! I love the warmer light coming from the sparkles!! And also the composition!!
You nailed it !! I would love to see more pictures from that scene!!

Very realistic. Good work!

Good render. Lighting and texturing seem to be the key elements in this work.

That looks like a screen grab from a movie.

Looks great, especially the lighting!

Nailed it man!

Even better than in the movie. Serious! Congratulations man. The textures and the environment are GREAT. And the sparkles are pretty disturbing. Maybe he is executing some rebel, right? :wink: Keep working like this!!!

Great image. Photorealistic rendering of a stormtrooper. Me likes!

It makes me remember one Finnish movie talvisota (winter war) the color grading Is very similar. Very nice model and render. :slight_smile:

yes, i’d say it looks right out of a digic pictures game cinematic. I’d be interested in seeing some “behind the scenes” stuff, if you are willing to share.

Very well rendered!

What else can be said that has not been noted above… most definitely a superb job.

Thank you all very much for your comments!

Here’s couple “behind the scenes” images as requested.

Screenshot in Substance Painter

Blender scene. Really simple light setup, couple of area lights and hdri environment. That distorted thing in the foreground is just a noise displaced sphere to get some fire reflections to the model. The shader is a Cycles PBR shader from Tynaud.

The render coming out from Blender wasn’t that special, so I guess the magic happens in Photoshop. Here’s a video of the comp steps:
[video]https://youtu.be/5IuO-vVomz0[/video]

Top-notch stuff, juhone! I think I saw this earlier at Artstation and little did I know that someone from the Blender community created this stunning piece. A masterpiece indeed. :slight_smile:

This one´s stunning, congratulations. No matter where the magic happens - it´s there. And this is what it´s all about.

Thanks for sharing that, its actually the post processing I was interesting in :smiley: