why don't they just leave it alone.

now I have 2.75 even the basics have changed. what a pest they are.
anyway when I press f12 from the opening screen set up, how do I get back there. none of the options go there.

and used to be that if I pressed the centre mouse wheel then I could see the shape from any angle. now it covers the screen in all the open windows.

what is the trick to getting to see it at an angle.

thanks fellow sufferers.

get the latest version and learn the current version
or you will always be late
from another point of view don’t even remember what was in 2.75

happy bl

learn the current version?
every time I try to use a current version it is so different it is almost unusable!
files made with earlier versions do not always work with the current version.
thanks

“when I press f12 from the opening screen set up, how do I get back there. none of the options go there.”
Press ESC. Personally I always use the “New Window” option for renders… then you can just alt-tab back.

“and used to be that if I pressed the centre mouse wheel then I could see the shape from any angle. now it covers the screen in all the open windows.”
Are you talking about mmb viewport rotation? You worded that sentence kinda weird so I’m not 100% sure what you’re talking about.

Which version are you coming from? I’ve been using Blender since 2011 and the navigation/hotkeys have always stayed the same … I’ve never had any issues with new versions.

Have you tried resetting the settings back to default?

thanks
it was 2.72 then I went back to 2.69.

from the opening view when you start the software where you see the cube…
on the win7 pressing the middle mouse button causes lots of other windows to fill the screen!

thanks for the ESC reminder.

I have quite a few toys on my 2.69, things like floor and tree generators. I do almost all of my modeling and sculpting on a 2.74 and when it comes time to render is when I use the most recent version. Meh it takes up more HD space but it works fine for me. I can do what I want to do when I want to do it.

great idea!