Victory

I try and force myself to crank out an entry almost every week for the WECs. Sometimes I completely fall in love with my entry, but other poeple aren’t quite feeling it. These are some of my entries over the past few months that did take down top prize in the voting.

“Jungle Friday”

I think that car insurance gecko inspired me on this one.

“Cube Surfer”

The title is a play on words relating to the sick add-on called cube surfer. I has started a Jenga scene but it was a little too lame, so I decided to use a particle system.

“Crystal Bonsai”

Kind of a miniature fantasy piece. I wanted to do more, but you have to keep in mind all of these pieces were created in a day or two at the most.

1 Like

“Kitschy Chicky”

Awwwww.

"Mariposa" The highest board kind of turns into an ocean.

The Sea Taketh”

Speaking of oceans…

“Bachelor Party '06”

Good times. And more water!

“Valley Berry”

The title was a play on Halley Berry, and the uncanny valley, I guess? I rendered out a larger version of this and had it printed on photo paper; People ask: What the f%$k kind of fruit that is.

the gecko looks awesomse
your shading is very good

Yeah, hard to believe you achieve such quality over the course of two days. Well done.

Hi. did you use vector curves when creating Mariposa ?

I modeled a very low poly outline using vert extrusion for an edge only model. Convert to curve, use a bezier circle (shrunk down in edit mode only) for the bevel object (cross section) then convert back to mesh, which is optional if you want uvs. Looks kind of complicated but it can be done in a minute or two. Converting to curve (and from curve to mesh) is destructive and one way, so I usually make a duplicate before doing it.
Looks like this:

Damn, I missed many of these… What is WEC and is that hosted here, or another site? Either way, I hope you will continue to add them to this sketchbook.

I’m blown away by how cool the “valley berry” came out in post #3. But there all very well done and creative entries

Thanks @Photox , nice method.

Thanks Harley, roninzero,Joolsmycfly, and vejn.

Harley, WEC is the “Week End Challenge” they are hosted on BA every Friday to monday, topics are posted fridays and entries due by monday. There are usually 6 - 15 entries.

Here’s a few entries I liked a lot, but didn’t do well at the polls.

Topic was C.C. Escher

There’s a hidden shape in this one, can you see it?

This one got some votes, might have even won, I can’t remember.

The artsy ones:

This is titled “The graduate” It was made around Thanksgiving, and was supposed to be a joke, as in you don’t want this kind of graduation. It’s supposed to be feathers flying the background, do the math.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423585[/ATTACH]
Here’s a trainwreck.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423586[/ATTACH]
A ham handed attempt at humor

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423587[/ATTACH]

Mmmm…

Illustrated style