Medieval castle

Hi there. Hope you will this image. I spent realy much time on it :)) .

2 Likes

Very nicely done! Do you have some setup shots you can post?

Impressive castle! Looks great :slight_smile:

Very nice scene you’ve got here. The time you spent definetly wasn’t in vain. :slight_smile:

Nice composition, effects and textures!
Whats the polycount, and also, was there any photoshop post composition?

Looks great! Reminds me of Neuschwanstein in Germany (the basis of so many fairytale castles!)
Criticism (if you are interested):

• The roofs and walls do not have any bump map on them, so they look flat even though they have a nice texture on them. Just add a small bump/displacement (preferable) would work wonders!
  • The background images (mountains on left and right behind castle)have clean white edges on them (looks like incorrect alpha mapping), but this could be fixed in gimp/photoshop/krita/etc…
  • only 3 kinds of birds with the same rotation. just by changing tha angle a bit will make a difference.

find me who doesn’t! :slight_smile:

Wow, awesome!

Beautiful! Time well spent :wink:

Great image! Impressive castle!

Love it! If I had to nitpick one thing it would be that the stacked stone texture looks very repetitive/procedural. I notice it mainly on the octagonal tower. But I’m not going to nitpick anything. :wink: Nice job!

I love it!
Beware of your tonalities, background doesn’t blend super well with the 3D model.
You should use the Z pass to give some atmospherical depth to your scene giving your model some grey/blue colour as it fade to the background.

It remains me Bouzov castle, a little bit…

Thank you very much for kind responses! Here are some wips from project. I will try to make some changes in the image as soon as possible.

Stunning stuff!

Fantastic dectails, and very nice feel.
I think we need some close up render, for admire the detail!

Fantastic castle, love it, and thank you for sharing detail.

Amazing job! But I agree with pieriko. Maybe it’s also the camera angle difference from your render and the background. The mountains seem to be seen from a little above, and your castle from a little below.

Wow! Very nice model! All you need is improve the background…but the composition work very well!