[WIP] Importer for Daz Studio / DSON files

I have been working on an add-on to import Daz Studio files into Blender. At the moment it can:

• import mesh geometry (environments, props, figures…)
  • import uv maps
  • import materials and convert to Cycles
  • import morphs
  • import weight maps
  • import bones
  • import poses

Any Daz/Blender users out there who are interested in such a thing?

awesome, would be nice to have it of course :slight_smile:

Wooooow this is absolutely amazing. Dreamt of something like this for years. Is this available?

does every model from DAZ can be imported? Sorry, I have not used DAZ before

May be… but tricky points:
HD morphs
JCMs
DAZ connect (encrypted content)
shells
grafts
rigidity
How it will be treated?

Not yet. I’m trying to get to a first releasable state within the next 2 weeks or so.

As long as it’s contained in *.duf and *.dsf files, it should work. Older stuff with scene description in *.duf but geometry in *.obj does not work yet.

Genesis 1 and 2 figures should work. Genesis 3 still makes problems.

Extremely interested. Bookmarked.

These are in a undocumented binary format as far as I know. Guess I’m out of luck here.

Should be possible with a driver.

Not really much I can do. But maybe Daz changes their mind…

Never even heard of these before. Would have to have look how they are implemented.

Haven’t come around to tackle these. But it might be possible to smartly join the meshes.

Also new to me. No idea if Blender has a similar function that could be (ab)used.

This looks fantastic!! Great job Ryker!

Hello Ryker! I really like these efforts I’m seeing lately, first by the original author of makehuman who is developing an independent addon for human models, and now you. I’ve used daz studio in the past, and played around particularly the Genesis based models. I also used scripts by someone in both blender and daz communities to export the posed meshes and import into blender and render with cycles. It worked, but besides crashing alot, it was cumbersome to say the least.

So having access to Genesis 1 as blender rig would be very cool to say the least. Is it technically possible (by your addon) to import the various character morphs like victoria 5 and so on, and also the various morphs based on the aforementioned character morphs, in blender, accessed (obviously) through sliders ?

I see, I’ll do, if not today, then tomorrow (unless I forget that is :)). Now that you have linked to the new thread, I think you should lock this thread (if you can) so that future posters will post there instead. Anyway, thanks and see you in the other thread.