rendering with alpha

is there any video format that supports alpha witch can be opened by most video edditing softwares? been trying out everything, and i cant find anything that works…
starting to drive me crazy…

problem is that quicktime is only for apple supported products, i dont have quicktime and i refuce to download it cause fuck apple…
isnt there a format that works for other programs?
qucktime is not supported in vegas movie studio.

And Vegas Studio can’t import image sequences?
Would solve your issue and is preferable for compositing anyway…

im having trouble importing image sequence, ive tried but cant find it. all though i havent looked it up.
should still be posible to export in a video format that supports alpha, witch is not quicktime…

problem is that quicktime is only for apple supported products,
It’s pretty universal

should still be posible to export in a video format that supports alpha, witch is not quicktime…
God luck with that

just import image sequence I do it all the time in Vegas it works fine just import media and tick the box that says image sequence when you have selected the first file.

• if you are doing a long render from blender and it goes wrong at least doing image sequence means you can easily restart where it failed rather than trying to unpick whatever codec you were using. If you are using a container and the codec is all intra which I suspect it will be if it supports alpha it’s essentially just storing a compressed (or not) image per frame anyway.

• vegas does support QuickTime but you have to install the codec obviously, there are limitations on windows as it’s a 32bit implementation but it pretty much works unless yo have many many clips on the timeline etc. Just have to keep eye on levels shift with some NLE’s.

Bear in mind that some image-file formats do not support an alpha channel at all. For example, JPG does not; PNG does.

It’s a good idea to use a file format for intermediate files that was specifically designed for this purpose, such as OpenEXR or MultiLayer OpenEXR. (The latter being a Blender-inspired extension, now fairly widely accepted, to ILM’s original format.)

When you’re rendering, especially when you’re doing it in several stages, you want to capture and work with the complete “multi-layered file of numbers” that was produced by each render, and this is what ML-OpenEXR specifically does. All the layers/channels, no compression, floating point, file-per-frame. “Just the data, ma’am.”

If you’re generating any sort of file-per-frame sequence (as is strongly recommended, since computers have been known to QQWAD%@%S:gjdshlfj/ … inevitably on frame ‘n-1’ of ‘n’), you might need to use a specific file-naming convention to be compatible with other, “less enlightened” programs. Blender is quite flexible in this regard. Always put each sequence into its own folder/directory.