Can't wait 'til I get my 960.

I’m rendering something right now, and my CPU is doing well. But I tried my dad’s 750 Ti, and it’s way faster, even though it’s a mid-range relatively “older” card. It’s twice as fast as all four cores on my AMD 860K, which is a great CPU, by the way.

Once I get my 960, I imagine it’s going to blow my CPU out of the water, as far as rendering goes.

I find it silly that some reviewers on the net, like on Youtube, say that the 750 Ti is a “budget” card. It’s definitely cheaper than a lot of cards, but it runs everything that my dad and I throw at it, like Crysis 2, Skyrim, etc, etc, at 60 FPS on max settings.

Don’t listen to opinions, instead try them because they maybe using it for gaming and you, for rendering. Every card excel on different areas. That’s based upon my experience on using high end to midrange gpu and sometimes low ends cpus for rendering farms.

The 960 is a very good card for the money, I´m running Fallout 4 on highest setting on 60fps (occasional slowdowns when there´s a lot going on), GTA5 runs like a charm too. had no game it couldn´t at least run at high. As for rendering, I´ve found it good for test renders and playing around with cycles materials, but it doesn´t take much to run out of VRAM, and you really have to optimize your setting to work with 2gb (unless you have the 4gb version?) nevertheless it runs the Blender viewport supersmooth, and with the new OpenGL improvements it might be a good option to render realtime OpenGl instead :slight_smile:

Have fun!

I’m going to get the 4GB version. I don’t usually need much RAM, not on the scenes I have, so far. But, even if one needs more than 4, I’ll be fine with CPU. Like you said, the test renders are the things that take up time.