theft of Quadbot

look what they write here
http://www.cinema4dtutorial.net/?p=3000

cit:
“zoid is an anime based on the ZOIDS franchise of toys, of TOMY. Was produced by XEBEC. This is the first of a total of four series, although it was the second to be bent internationally, then of Zoids: New Century Zero. Has a total of 67 half-hour episodes, although the western version is divided into two parts, Zoids: Chaotic Century of 34 episodes and Zoids: Guardian Force of 33 episodes.
this week we bring you for free in an awesome 3d model in cinema4d , ready to export to 3dsmax or Maya
,inlcude materials and render”

this is the quadbot of Tears of Steel

Is it illegal?

Aren’t the models like free for use on whatever?

It is definitely stupid writing falsehoods! read their text and then search zoid in web

CC Attribution 3.0 You are free: - to copy, distribute and display the work - to make derivative works - to make commercial use of the work
Under the following coditions: You must attribute the work as:
(c) Blender Foundation - www.tearsofsteel.org

I can’t believe how often people do stuff like that. So flagrantly too. I’d be surprised if their copy of Cinema4D is legit either.

It’s not illegal(as long as you attribute it),

while I think tears of steel is on the same page as transformers in my book(sintel was great though, so is Cosmos laundromat)

it’s pretty scummy of them,

Educate the people there.
Let them know that redistributing a horrible recolour of a great model that tens of people worked on, is not okay.

LOL just look at this description it’s so bad.

I feel like H3H3 should react to it :slight_smile:

zoid is an anime based on the ZOIDS franchise of toys, of TOMY.

…Yeah the “Zoids” franchise, everybody loves the “Zoids”, what? you don’t know what a zoid is? have you been living under a rock?
It’s like sword art online combined with dragons gate- I don’t know any good animes i’m just making shit up.

Was produced by XEBEC.

Yeah XEBEC, The blender foundation stole from them! yeah. XEBEC made it in 2007 with 3ds max 9, blender ripped it off, they should be paying XEBEC those bastards!

This is the first of a total of four series, although it was the second to be bent internationally, then of Zoids: New Century Zero.

Of course they won’t link any evidence that this Zoid was actually used in the anime, because come on,
you can just look at the model and instantly see that it’s from the same cartoon!

Has a total of 67 half-hour episodes, although the western version is divided into two parts, Zoids: Chaotic Century of 34 episodes and Zoids: Guardian Force of 33 episodes.

God damn!

this week we bring you for free in an awesome 3d model in cinema4d , ready to export to 3dsmax or Maya
,inlcude materials and render

Yeah, we are doing you a favour guys!
We didn’t rip this off from the blender cloud we spent days modelling this from scratch!

you can tell just how much effort we put in to the materials!
For the yellow lights we had to scroll all the way down to the luminance channel and turn it to yellow! I mean we could also turn on glow but come on we are real human beings not animals guys!

And the metals it’s just so exquisitely crafted that it looks like plastic!

But real talk,
these guys deserve to be called out.

While it is indeed irritating, I would expect that from those guys at cinema4Dtutorial. They are notorious for this kind of stuff.

@Ninth

Really?

Never even heard of “cinema 4d tutorial” before
but then again I never hung out in C4d cafe so…

Just showed this to Jeremy (rigger for ToS)
His response: “Does it work with 3D Magix?”

Say yes and that the rig work much better than in blender.:evilgrin: