Shortfilm / Unusual Product Video for Honor 5X (commercial)

Hi everyone! Since I’ve been working for a smartphone manufacturer, which operates like an internet startup internally, I’ve been able to sneak Blender into my daily workflow. In this case I was even able to use Blender to create a product video all by myself (which makes it the third time in total). The video is for the newest Honor phone (Honor 5X). I only had about 3 weeks with limited resources, while working on other projects as well. This is why I had to use simple geometry and materials (Blender Internal), as well as CC0 material from BlendSwap. First and foremost, my goal was to achieve a professional “look”, despite my limitations.

For the content of the video I tried to stay away from a stereotypical product video, which just aims to show all the features. Instead I deliberately tried to mix the presentation of features with a small comedy sci-fi film.

The video was first shown at the large Honor 5X launch event for Western Europe in Munich, two days ago. Now it’s being used worldwide to advertise for the new product. Needless to say I’m proud and yet humbled that I was able to do this. Definitely quite a cool opportunity. I also want to thank the composer, Susanne Hardt. Her music really sells the video in my opinion. I hope you will also enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Awesome, watched it twice.:yes:

Amazing for three weeks work. I really dig the story line. Show case the features in the animation in a way that is entertaining. 5 stars.

Also the phone looks interesting. To bad I don’t like big phones.

Thank you both!

@bigbad: Glad you liked the storyline and feature presentation because this was exactly what I was going for. :slight_smile:

The story continues. :wink: Because of the success of the video, I will create some small clips as sequels. This is the first one:

Good, although the animation felt stiff at times, the sparks from the phone at the end didn’t look right…I’m not sure if that’s Blenders fault or not.

Thank you! Yes, I believe there was something weird going on with the vector motion blur for those sparks. However, tight deadline and it needed to go online… that’s the way it goes. :slight_smile: