Does Cycles have a limitation in smoke domain size ? SPECIALBLEND TO TEST BY YOURSELF

Hey,
I spend 15 hours yet on how to simulate a contrail for an animation of a airliner, any solution or idea will be useful now for me. I make all the scene, materials, animation with Cycles parameters and i try to make the contail with
smoke and particule system, both didn’t work.

-Smoke : it looks there is a limitation in size of the Domain for the smoke, so i cant make a long contrail in the sky, behind the plane. You can easely check that in the .BLEND and the first image. I dont unterstand why after a certain scale of the domainbox, the smoke flow dont even works. test_smokecycles.blend (882 KB)

-Particule System with small spheres : look at the second pic : during the camera travelling, we clearly see the emission of particule cross hatching the sky.

-Particule System with image plan of smoke : at render, i can not achieve to make the border disappear.

I ve tried a wind of 10000 in strengh, many box sizes, twiking every parameters,followed several tuto, but none answered this…!
YOU, expert in smoke, are my last chance !!!
Look at the special blend made for you, just to see the smoke issue!
Thanks for the read :yes:

Cocoblendy

My Tip would be to attach the Smoke Domain to the Object (plane in that case). Make it Big enough, position it right and then make Plane parent of it.

It is also possible to have several Smoke Domains at different Resolutions - But i can’t recall exactly how i did that back then - i just remember it working.

And if you have Wind of that strength you need to increase Sub-Steps quite a bit. Not sure though if you’re gonna be able to use Wind strengths in 1000-10000 region… Maybe you could Simulate at lower Time-Steps and then speed up in Playback - just an idea…