Exporting Armature and IK for Giants Editor

Hi,

Is there anyone who can give some tips on how to make armatures and IK work in Giants Editor after being exported from Blender?

The Giants Editor is not a very intuitive interface / operation and it’s driving me nuts… I have everything modeled and working in Blender but when I import the file into the Giants Editor, although I see the armatures in the structure, no IK or movement works! The only thing I’m getting is parenting - ex. if I move an armature, everything attached also moves but if I move an armature the bones in other armatures don’t do a thing…

Here’s a picture of the movement needed.

Any help or tips about working armatures and IK for exporting to giants is very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
LM

IK in blender is basically a blender only thing to help you make animations. You can then export these animations, but you can’t export the IK part of the rig itself, you will have to recreate the IK system in the engine you’re using (if it’s even possible in Giants Editor).

About the bones I have no idea, they should work in normal game engines, you’ll probably have to ask other people who use the editor.

Well, as there is this option in the exporter plugin, I assumed I was missing something or not making the rigging properly…

The problem is that I’m a Blender user not Giants and it’s not a obvious or handy software neither I can find any documentation…
Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Oh, nice, so maybe it’s supposed to work. Anyway I doubt anyone here knows.

You could try asking here: https://gdn.giants-software.com/forum_category.php?categoryId=4

Just to share…

Apparently, after checking the forum, Giants Editor only edits some specs and features but not animation. Animation, IK, interaction is all made with scripting (XML based, I think), so it’s not possible exporting any IK or working rig from Blender.

Thanks anyway.