animating a book.....still

Hi yes im still trying to make my book.

Anybody got any ideas how i can magically make a letter appear on the page and then stay with the deformed page as the page flips.

I have got some magical stars i created with particles and Ive got the letter to appear from no where using transparency but the letter wont stay with the page when i deformed it using a lattice and shrinkwrap modifiers

can anyone please give me any ideas im lost

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/40476

i took a look in your file, pretty cool rig woody but your setup for the letters are not so simple to solve.
There are some issues.

-the letter mesh is not useable for the same deformation like the page.If you use near the same mesh for the page and the letter you could achieve the same deformation.
-Simple use of a shrinkwrap modifier with project cant work because it doesnt stick to the target mesh, But if u use the same modifier for the letter and the page it works, just copy the page modifier to the letter (amature and shrink).
-your letter need the same position like the page and dont forget to apply loc,rot,scale for the page and the letter.

I think the easy way is to copy the page and just use letter as texture and the alpha chanel for the transparent materia to hide the rest of the page so that only letter are visible.with this setup u get no problem with the deformation dont forget to disable cast shadow for the letter page.
Another way is to use UV warp modifier.

good luck woody

Hi thank you so much for your help Vanderhorst. It really gave me something to think about and i have almost managed to crack it. I pretty much did what you said and created a separate image for the pages with the different stages of the images on it (eg blank page texture…then page texture plus a letter A…then finally a page texture with a pic of apple) all animated using the factors in my node editor. It works great for what i need. But when i flip the page the image is on the reverse which is what i dont want. I just want a blank page. Is their a way of doing this technique so it doesnt show on the back of the page.

See pic attached

Many thanks again

aii…you could give the page a bit thickness and texture the backside with the texture without a letter, this should work.

Hey bud

Your advice is invaluable but between work and not much sleep because of this problem i still cant figure it out.

I tried giving the page a little thickness and for some reason i must be doing something wrong
because the same image shows up on both sides no matter what image i use.

So i used a second plane ant separated them just enough not to disrupt the image and parented them together.

The result was that when i added the page turn bit they separated completely (see image) so how can i get them to move as one.

obvioulsy for illustration purposes i just coloured the second plane with a separate colour so you could see the problem